“Eat Here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'artista Italian Restaurant

L'artista Italian Restaurant
3891 Hastings St, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada (Willingdon Heights)
(604) 298-8110
Neighborhood: Willingdon Heights
Vancouver BC
“Eat Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great food, great service and good atmosphere. Entertainment coupons are accepted. We have been to a number of Italian restaurants along Hastings Street in Burnaby. This was the best overall

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Surrey, Canada
“Gem on Hastings Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Happily this restaurant's food, atmosphere and service had stood up well over many years. It's great still. Lunch today was unhurried and thoroughly pleasant. Regulars get treated extremely well; so do newcomers. Well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burnaby, Canada
“Best Italian Food in Burnaby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I simply love L'artista! The service is fantastic, the atmosphere is like eating in someone's home and the food is simply superb!

Visited August 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Outdated,old fashioned Italian restaurant in crappy location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Well I am a food snob, I admit it. Most people who eat for the sake of eating will probably find this place fine. the company I dined with was great fun,the wines and drinks good too. The service was nice too. Reading reviews of this place and their service I had my doubts but we had great service that night. My meal was exactly what one would expect from an old fashioned smalll unhip Italian place in the middle of nowhere just off of a large highway type road: too much and too stodgey. I tend to always clean my plate but here, I left most of my pasta and the waitress took it away. It came back in a styrofoam container that I didn't ask for as frankly, I didn't really want to see any more of it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Langley City, Canada
“Inconsistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Our family visited L'artista last weekend for dinner. It was my first time, although my wife had been there just a couple weeks ago. I felt it was kind of average, but she said it was quite a bit better on the last occasion, so I gave it a very good. The spinach salad was quite large, but bland lacking bacon for some zip. The fish soup was very tasty, however, the clams were so dirty, some of sand had even transferred to the broth. The clam pasta, which was thoroughly enjoyed during the last visit, was plastered with tomato sauce this time around, disguising the flavours. It is a small room, nice environment, and the service was excellent. If we went back I might stick to ordering a simple pasta and meat sauce or similar.

• Visited April 2012