“Great for romantic dinner or business lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 474 restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Canada Way
Transit: 144 Metrotown or SFU on Deer Lake Avenue (25m) 123 Brentwood on Canada Way (100 m) Bonny's Taxi services the Burnaby area: Burnaby : 435 - 6655 or 434 - 8000 Capitol Hill : 299 - 6262 New Westminster : 526 - 1166 Coquitlam : 931 - 3333
Vancouver, Canada
“Great for romantic dinner or business lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've visited this restaurant on several occasions for events (special events for business groups in upstairs area), business lunch and dinners with friends. Most often, I've been for lunches with customers when I want to show that they are valued clients. The food is great, with prices in the mid-to-pricey range, but good value. The location is lovely, and during the day the dining room is filled with light and a view of the lake. I would recommend this as worth the drive from Vancouver downtown, (about 20 minutes by car) and a great place to take out of town guest looking for a quiet, quality meal.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
vancouver,BC
“Gorgeous mansion, very nice food , great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very nice old mansion, with a gorgeous cozy fireplace in the entrance. The food is pricey, for sure, but good. Great wine selection, the menu is failrly limited , but there is something for everyone.
I was about to order one entree, but the waiter advised, people weren't really crazy about it, I'm so glad he told me. I then ordered the short ribs, so tender and delicious. The beet salad is wonderful, pricey, but very decadent. My friend had the Artctic Char, she enjoyed it very much.
We had lemon sorbet for dessert, 3 small scoops, but very flavourful. Great fine dining, fabulous service.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coquitlam, BC
“In a charming mansion/home on beautiful grounds.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a high-end fine dining restaurant which one should go to at least once. The service is very good and so is the food. It is great for a special birthday lunch or evening occasion. It sits on a property bordering a lake. A little way away there is a walking trail around this lake which is always fun...turtles, frogs can be seen sunning themselves.

New Westminster, Canada
“Tiny portions, tasteless food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've been wanting to go to this restaurant for a long time, cause of the great location and the fancy building :). But I was utterly disappointed, cause the portions were super-small. I got the duck leg and my husband got the pasta. Besides being tiny, the leg was super-dry. When I saw it, I thought "It's a fancy restaurant, it's gourmet food, so it's small, but it must be delicious". Well, it wasn't, just dry and salty. That was a year ago, so I hope they changed either the recipe or the cook. On the good side, the ambiance and the setting were really nice. So was the service.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Perfect setting for a celebratory meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We arrived early for our reservation after our daughter's convocation at Simon Fraser University and were seated immediately at a very convenient table for our party of 7 near the entrance to the dining room so that we didn't feel the two young children in our party, although very well behaved, would be a distraction to other diners in the two main sections of the dining room. The wait staff were attentive and friendly and easily accommodated the children's meals. Realizing it was a graduation celebration they suggested bubbly which we had planned on having anyway. Three of us chose (local) oysters as our appetizer. They were creamy and mild but I did not care for the rather sharp vinegar based sauce served with them. The tomato soup with dill and olive oil was thick and deemed excellent and the pork appetizer delicious. The catch of the day was fresh halibut served with raisins, a white sauce and autumn vegetables beautifully presented but with my fish slightly under cooked. The tea smoked sable and the steak ordered by others in the group were very well received. Portions were relatively small. At the conclusion of the meal a plate with 4 bite size chocolate and cream squares topped with a raspberry or blackberry and "congratulations" written on it was presented to the graduate. A nice touch. We declined dessert and coffee. The setting was delightful and reminiscent of an English country house however I felt that the tab of $333 CAN before gratuity and $56 for local champagne was rather excessive. Hart House would appear to be a special event place to dine.

• Visited October 2012