“Good pasta dishes” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Burnaby, British Columbia Canada
“Good pasta dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been to this little restaurant quite a few times. Whatever I have ordered there has been very good. What I like is that the pasta is fresh and it is a very friendly place. It isn't very big but it is very homey and relaxing. The portion sizes are quite substantial at such a reasonable price. It reminds me of a little cafe that you would find along the Grand Canal in Venice or other parts of Italy.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Quaint Restaurant in Burnaby off Willingdon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a groupon for this restaurant, which is a good way to find new places to eat.
The location is in a rather industrial part of Willingdon, between Lougheed hwy and the number one on Dawson in a small shopping corner.

The food is simple and good. Pasta, Pizza, prawns, lots of garlic! Nice decor, simple, italian. The food was good, plentiful and affordable.
$15.00 for pasta. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful when we asked questions.

We would go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Modena, Italy
“Just a shame ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Penne Arrabbiata I had were amongst the best I have ever had outside of Italy (al dente, spicy, juicy, etc...)
However I also found one of the dirtiest forks ever and one thing really drove me nuts cause I believe it is unacceptable these days; i asked if they had a wifi connection and they told me they hadn't (and that by itself cannot be accepted in 2013).
then while i was using my ipad a popup comes up asking me to connect to guess what .... Pasta Amore wifi !!
at least, if you do not want uour customer to use it, call it with another name (!!) or otherwise you are just going to be rude.
shame though because the food is good but they need to learn what the competition does and that you cannot be rude with your customers. they told me "we do not give the key to our customers or otherwise they will all want it"

Visited July 2013