“More expensive than most, but great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Burnaby Cariboo RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burnaby
Burnaby Cariboo RV Park
You added Burnaby Cariboo RV Park to your Saves list
8765 Cariboo Place, Burnaby, British Columbia V3N 4T2, Canada   |
Herts
“More expensive than most, but great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here because it was the nearest to the place where we had to return our RV. It was more expensive than any of the other sites we visited in British Columbia, but the facilities and service offered were tremendous. Each site is fully serviced with water, electricity and sewage. There is a van wash facility which we needed after 2 weeks on the road. There is a swimming pool and small fitness centre, a shop and most important for us as we wanted to print out our boarding passes, free use of the internet and printing.
But the friendly and helpful service is what makes this site special. We were even given clear directions to get us across town for the 40 minute drive to return the RV.
It was well worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Came here at the end of our Canada trip because of a friends recommendation. The place turned out to be a big winner. It is close to pretty much everyting, it is spotless, it has a (pretty big) pool and the staff is as nice as they come. It takes minutes to walk to the little shuttle train that takes you directly to vancouver downtown, so thats defenately a huge plus. The pool is great, its warm, super clean and great to relax after a day in the city. The staff is really helpfull aswell. They helped us by making a map for driving to the RV rental place. Due to the roadworks we werent sure how to drive, and we didnt want to be late to return our RV. Would defenately recommend the place when you rent an RV and come to Vancouver!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Yes, sites are a little cramped. But the staff, especially Harriet, more than made up for any inconveniences including a strange wireless set-up (2 hours free or day or 30 minute blocks up to 2 hours). Pool and hot tub spotless, fitness room a little sparse. Easy access to SkyTrain (buy an all day pass in the office and take a bus to Lougheed station--catch the bus right outside the park.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Yes, there is traffic and rail noise. Yes the sites are very tight. But this is an urban camp ground and is perfect for exploring Vancouver.

Our site was one with parking beside the unit. It was a tight squeeze to get into; but we managed it and were very comfortable. The staff were polite and helpful, the entire facility clean and the amenities excellent.

You are an 8 minute walk from the skytrain and we used this to explore Vancouver. 9 dollars gets you a day pass to go everywhere. We went to metrotown, Richmond, downtown, and north Vancouver (via sea bus).

I recommend this rv park for those who visit Vancouver.

Room Tip: Ask for a site with parking beside the unit.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a really good park to stay in and explore Vancouver.
Yes it is a bit noisy but what would one expect when in the heart of a big city.
The park is cleaner than clean,amenities including pool and showers are excellent,staff is friendly and helpful.
I just can't see any justification for saying anything other than good things about this park and highly recommend it.
Patricia Beaudry
September 10/2012

Room Tip: When registering your R.V.ask for a spot that backs onto the walking trail as these are quieter loca...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Yes, we know that camping in a big urban area can't be as silent as in a national park. But do you really have to stuff campers with only a tent into the noisiest spot of the camping "park" as if they were unwanted?!
We paid 45 dollars for a tiny, crowded and extremely noisy general tenting area without any designated places. Furthermore the staff is unfriendly and arrogant. The camper's area is located right next to highways with loud construction works, train tracks with extremely loud trains honking....couldn't get any noisier in any way. Don't expect to get any sleep!!! You get headaches from the constant noise there. Don't go there! Better go to Hazelmere RV Park in Surrey in the South. That's way better!
Without any sleep or rest we weren't able to enjoy the day in Vancouver at all....

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here several years in a row. I was never impressed with the staff or cleanliness but It's one of the few places in Vancouver to camp. The last and final time I stayed I was arriving late do I called ahead to reserve a spot. No problem they had all my info and said they would hold a spot for me. I arrived after they closed but they had a map on the door with my name on it....perfect I drove around to the spot they had assigned me but there was no way I could back in. I drove around and found the only open spot in the in the park it was too short for my trailer and I couldn't put my slide out but I knew they would straighten it out in the morning. The next morning I went to the office and explained what happened the nice young lady apologized and wondered why they reserved me a short motorhome spot when I was in their computer as having a travel trailer. I asked for a discount on my nights stay and so the owner was summoned. I then got to talk to the older Dutch lady who owns the park. She basically told me I had reserved the wrong spot and it was my fault and well to go pound sand. I ended up paying for the night leaving and driving across the lions gate bridge to the north van RV park. It's nicer, cleaner, friendlier staff and closer to Vancouver's attractions. Do yourself a favor and stay there instead.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Burnaby Cariboo RV Park? Share your experiences!