“Great home base” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Burnaby Cariboo RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burnaby
Prices are for rooms, adults
Burnaby Cariboo RV Park
Save Saved
You added Burnaby Cariboo RV Park to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   8765 Cariboo Place, Burnaby, British Columbia V3N 4T2, Canada   |
Edmonton, Alberta
“Great home base”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Yes, there is traffic and rail noise. Yes the sites are very tight. But this is an urban camp ground and is perfect for exploring Vancouver.

Our site was one with parking beside the unit. It was a tight squeeze to get into; but we managed it and were very comfortable. The staff were polite and helpful, the entire facility clean and the amenities excellent.

You are an 8 minute walk from the skytrain and we used this to explore Vancouver. 9 dollars gets you a day pass to go everywhere. We went to metrotown, Richmond, downtown, and north Vancouver (via sea bus).

I recommend this rv park for those who visit Vancouver.

Room Tip: Ask for a site with parking beside the unit.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a really good park to stay in and explore Vancouver.
Yes it is a bit noisy but what would one expect when in the heart of a big city.
The park is cleaner than clean,amenities including pool and showers are excellent,staff is friendly and helpful.
I just can't see any justification for saying anything other than good things about this park and highly recommend it.
Patricia Beaudry
September 10/2012

Room Tip: When registering your R.V.ask for a spot that backs onto the walking trail as these are quieter loca...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Yes, we know that camping in a big urban area can't be as silent as in a national park. But do you really have to stuff campers with only a tent into the noisiest spot of the camping "park" as if they were unwanted?!
We paid 45 dollars for a tiny, crowded and extremely noisy general tenting area without any designated places. Furthermore the staff is unfriendly and arrogant. The camper's area is located right next to highways with loud construction works, train tracks with extremely loud trains honking....couldn't get any noisier in any way. Don't expect to get any sleep!!! You get headaches from the constant noise there. Don't go there! Better go to Hazelmere RV Park in Surrey in the South. That's way better!
Without any sleep or rest we weren't able to enjoy the day in Vancouver at all....

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here several years in a row. I was never impressed with the staff or cleanliness but It's one of the few places in Vancouver to camp. The last and final time I stayed I was arriving late do I called ahead to reserve a spot. No problem they had all my info and said they would hold a spot for me. I arrived after they closed but they had a map on the door with my name on it....perfect I drove around to the spot they had assigned me but there was no way I could back in. I drove around and found the only open spot in the in the park it was too short for my trailer and I couldn't put my slide out but I knew they would straighten it out in the morning. The next morning I went to the office and explained what happened the nice young lady apologized and wondered why they reserved me a short motorhome spot when I was in their computer as having a travel trailer. I asked for a discount on my nights stay and so the owner was summoned. I then got to talk to the older Dutch lady who owns the park. She basically told me I had reserved the wrong spot and it was my fault and well to go pound sand. I ended up paying for the night leaving and driving across the lions gate bridge to the north van RV park. It's nicer, cleaner, friendlier staff and closer to Vancouver's attractions. Do yourself a favor and stay there instead.

• Stayed July 2012
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Renfros is a family style resort. Very small (under 20 sites) all have 30 amp and water and some have sewer as well. The camground is well kept and the property is on Kenai Lake. The owner and the camp hosts were marvellous. 20 miles north of Seward. We acmped here for 10 days in a non sewer site. The dump station was easily accessed

Room Tip: They also have cottages for rent right on the lake
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Immaculate, well maintained, neat as a pin. Yes, the sites are small, but this campground worked perfectly for our family. We hopped on the nearby bicycle path system and biked happily to Stanley Park one day and UBC another day. The store has everything under the sun and even a postal drop box. We use this campsite as the golden standard of well-landscaped and organized campsites - not rural, not spacious, but terrific for a city campground.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

just over $80 cdn per night for a site that was packed in like sardines (if we had turned the supplied picnic table sideways you would not have been able to walk past it)
- trains and highway very close
- facilities were good - indoor pool, a gym (cycle, runner and multigym) and the toilets/showers were above average (although you had to run round in the shower to get wet!)
- internet is free for 2 hours / day... only worked for 1 of the 3 days that we were there!
- there are lots of other RV sites close to vancouver - i'm sure they will be better value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Burnaby Cariboo RV Park? Share your experiences!