“Bad Customer Service, Ripping Members off. Be careful with Steve Nash Club.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Steve Nash Fitness World

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 11 Activities in Burnaby
Type: Health Clubs, Sports
Vancouver, Canada
“Bad Customer Service, Ripping Members off. Be careful with Steve Nash Club.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I didn't know my membership rolled over after the one year contract is finished. I got a call from Steve Nash, and they told me I owed money. I thought they would call and let me know about renewing contract. They said it was written on the contract. Then I said it's okay, I just paid the extra charge. Then they said I had to give them 30 day notice, so they charged me another fee for the next month. I paid a total of $84.93 with my credit card and told them I didn't want anything to do with them anymore.

Then they told me to send an email to cancel my membership. I was given the email address very quickly on the phone, and I spelt it back to them, and they said it was correct. It turned out it was the wrong email address. So if you want to cancel your membership, you need to make sure it's the right address. cancellations@snclubs.com. Plural cancellation and plural snclubs. No wonder I didn't get a reply for so long because I sent it to the wrong address.

And then I called the customer service to explain this problem that they didn't give me the right email address and things like that. And I was very surprised that they didn't take it seriously. The person who was talking to me was rude and had no intention to apologize or anything like that. Then I told her that's how they would lose all their customers and be done with their business.

It is true that Steve Nash does not have a good customer service, so I will never want to have anything to do with them anymore nor will I recommend this stupid club to anyone else. Read the reviews and don't get into the same trouble we've been through. Thanks.

Shame on you, Steve Nash!

Visited September 2013
Ruman K, Public Relations Manager at Steve Nash Fitness World, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hi John,

We’re sorry you had such a poor customer service experience. You should have been communicated the proper email for cancellations to ensure that everything went smoothly. You should have also been taken seriously with your concern. It’s true, the more we can improve on our customer service, the better we’ll be able to satisfy our members.

Thanks for taking the time to review. We’ll be able to learn from this experience and spend the extra time to make sure all members inquiring about cancellations receives the correct email address.

-THE STEVE NASH TEAM

White Rock
“DONT SIGN UP THEY ARE WORSE THEN USED CAR SALES MEN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

DO NOT JOIN OR WORK AT STEVE NASH FITNESS.

As much as I like steve nash it’s sad that they run his name through the mud. I’m hoping he doesn’t know the business tactics they are using at the gym but it makes used car sales men look like born again Christians.

As it goes my father signed me up for a years membership and I would pay him back as I received the money. I am disabled and on a very fixed income but wanted to change things by starting with losing 65 pounds to help with my heart and back problems.

Anyways when we signed up and paid everything up front we asked if there was any other costs and there response was NOPE not a single penny. LIE number 1. So we signed up and received our cards. I show up almost everyday for the next sixth months and lose my goal weight. (the only positive of this ordeal)

One morning I come at the six month mark and this horrific alarm goes off when I came in. I swiped my card several times and it kept going off. The girl says “ It shows you owe money” I kind of laugh and said no it was all paid and kept walking into the gym. She follows me saying excuse me sir but you owe money you cant work out.

Well the long and short of it there is a hidden fee they decided to add that wasn’t on the contract when we signed. Yes its only 45 dollars for maintenance fees but 45 dollars to me is a thousand to the average person. I said well I didn’t sign a contract and you would have to deal with my dad. “well sorry sir but you cant work out until this is paid. I asked to see my contract that states this in it. They show me a spreadsheet that you could tell was added. I asked for the original that was signed and they had to send away for it to the head office. Wouldn’t you know they couldn’t produce it but sent one via email with a signature that was cropped and pasted from the visa signature when we paid. And the only reason they didn’t just charge the visa the 2 $45 dollar charges is because my dad lost it and had it replaced so they couldn’t.

Well a month later we finally pay it because we stood more to lose by not working out for the next six months and the fact we paid up front. We then asked so there are no other charges and they said no. Couldn’t believe I find out there is actually another charge and its for cost of living but don’t know when that will be taken from us.

So as I say to anyone don’t get sucked into this con at steve nash fitness. I stood at the entrance while people where signing up and said to the people ask them about the hidden fees and the responded by What hidden fees. Its all in the price. They have so many quotas every month they are willing to screw someone who is handicapped. Pathetic and shameful. Shame on you .

Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Not a great family environment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Too many sketchy people their for the wrong reason. I was a member for a few years and it was always over crowed with people just hanging around. My 16 year old daughter also felt very uncomfortable in certain sections of the gym.

Visited June 2013
Burnaby, Canada
21 attraction reviews
“Fitness club well situated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is convenient located on Kingsway but parking is a real problem. Also, as it is a small place, the dressing room/pool/steam room/sauna are available every second day...women then men then women, etc. Hot tub is not very hot but the steam room is fabulous. There are good dance/exercise classes but not enough room for all the fitness equipment needed. All body vibration machines would certainly make a difference in my opinion but they won't bring them in.

Visited September 2012
9 attraction reviews
“Jocks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

unpleasant atmosphere, busy, sales pressure, loud music. Too many machines crowded together. For young people who want to be seen. Extra cost for classes.

Visited August 2013