“Christmas time is one of the best times!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Historic Sites, History Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Where History Comes to Life - stroll down the streets of our 1920s community. Our village is a combination of heritage and replica buildings on a 10-acre site. Period costumed townsfolk welcome visitors and give demonstrations in the homes, businesses and shops. Two of our large artifacts are now over 100 years old - enjoy a ride on the 1912 CW Parker Carousel and explore the restored 1912 Interurban Tram, part of a transportation system before its time.
6 attraction reviews
“Christmas time is one of the best times!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have made it a tradition to visit the village every year around Christmas time and it's great! It's cool to walk around the old houses and shops and ride the carousel! Suggested by me for sure to people looking for so etching out of the ordinary to do.
P.S: Dear Management, years ago there were trolls who walked around, where did they go! We miss them!

Visited December 2012
bbyvillage, Public Relations Manager at Burnaby Village Museum, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
How wonderful to hear that you and your family make our "Heritage Christmas" a family tradition!

You asked about the trolls - Entertainers of all sorts (musicians, actors, magicians, artists, etc) are hired over the season. We vary the line-up from year to year to keep things fresh but will pass on your "vote" to have the Trollsons back!

Thank you for taking time to post your review. Would you also let us know what could be improved to earn your "excellent" rating?

Manila, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
“Back in time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hello, I am Sabina. Last year in May 2012 (I placed June 2012 as my visit as the May 2012 option date is not available anymore) I celebrated my birthday in Burnaby with my parents, aunt and my 4 year old cousin. It was a really nice place to go to and I'm glad the weather was sunny but cool. I really loved how the houses and structures were old fashioned. I felt like I was back in the early 1900s. In the houses and structures, the people were very pleasant! A blacksmith showed me how to make a hook, a woman dressed as a banker told me about how money was back in that time. Did you know that 25 cents before could buy you about 2 movies and some candy?! A girl dressed as a shop keeper even told us the prices and items sold in the department stores and a man dressed as a school teacher told us how the classes were before!
It was a pleasant place to be in. You could just walk around and see many old things. But even if
they were old things, it looked really nice and simple!
My cousin, Therese and I, especially enjoyed riding the carousel where the music played was from an old music box!

Visited June 2012
Palm Springs, California
“Super cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Really real, and very awesome. It takes you back to, ya know, the 'time'. Perfect!! Being there is so cool, and this place is so neat!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
13 attraction reviews
“Love the Christmas light and the ambience especially when it is free!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Love the scenery with the beautiful Christmas light, loved the carousel. A great place to bring visitor or be the visitor yourself to enjoy the Christmas spirit. Dress warmly and you will not be disappointed!

Visited December 2012
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
31 attraction reviews
“Fun to walk around & kids love the old time carousel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Been there many times in the past year. Many interesting things to see. Hosts and hostesses are very knowledgeable and helpful. Always have to take my girl on the carousel, which is her favourite part of the Village.

Visited November 2012