“Loved this place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4405 Central Blvd., Burnaby, British Columbia V5H 4M3, Canada (Maywood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burnaby
Roy, Utah
“Loved this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Our first time in BC, and we depended on Tripadvisor to help us choose a place to stay. We will definitely stay here again! It is located right across the street from the Sky Line Metro train, and is in walking distance to a few restaurants and a giant mall, which meant we did not have to use our car at all for the two days we stayed. The room was very nice and roomy, the bed was comfy and we had a very nice stay. We did not use the pool, but it looked pretty nice, outdoors on an upper floor. The breakfast was pretty good, too. When we do stay again, I will ask for a room on the pool side. Otherwise, you're just facing construction.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review. We really appreciate when guests enjoy their stay and let others know about it. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are next in our area.

Linda Griffiths

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

There is construction going on across the street and next store while we were there but we didn't hear anything and there were no problems.

The property is right across the street from the metrotown station for the skytrain which was very convenient. If you are taking a cruise to/from Canada Place just hop on the sky train for about 8 stops until you get to metrotown station. Very convenient and inexpensive. We took a taxi to the Canada Place and spent about $45 including tip. Sky Train back was less than $10.

There is a large mall right next store with a grocery store inside it. Very Convenient

The hotel was very nice and included a nice breakfast bar on the 2nd floor. The heated pool on the 3rd floor was nice but didn't have a hot tub.

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were good size. The internet connection was solid as well.

The office staff was extremely helpful. Especially Lina and Tess.

The only change I would make at the hotel is a new elevator. The elevator has to be one of the slowest ones I was ever on. Other than that very happy with the property

If you going on a cruise and don't want to spend the big bucks staying downtown, consider the Holiday Inn Express Burnaby. I know I will if we go on an Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review! I really appreciate it when guests have enjoyed their stay and take the time to let others know about it.

I appreciate your comments about the elevator as well. While there certainly is more demand at peak periods on our elevators during the summer with families travelling, we are also upgrading our elevators this winter. On your next trip here I'm sure you'll find them to your liking.

Thank you again for your response, and we look forward to having you stay with us again when you visit our area.

Regards,

Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Staff were friendly and accommodating. room was average and over the weekend a bit noisy but location cannot be beat. Travelled for business and was 5 minutes from my office tower. Super easy to hop the sky train after work and head right down to Vancouver waterfront or False creek . Metro town station right there. Elevator was super slow but maybe that will be fixed once construction is done. Construction didn't cause any noise issues but if you like your curtains open ask for a room that doesn't face the job.

Room Tip: There is construction going on so if you like the window curtains open you might want to ask for a r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your experience with our hotel. All of our guests like the convenience of being right at the Metrotown Skytrain Station and beside Metropolis at Metrotown, BC's largest shopping centre. While our summer business brings us more families travelling, that does increase the volume on our elevators. You'll be happy to know that we are planning an upgrade to our elevators this winter and this should help the speed, especially during peak periods.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again when you are next in our area.

Best regards,

Northwest Territories
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Upon check-in I was asked for my confirmation #. When I pulled it up on my phone (usually giving your name is enough) I saw I had reserved the wrong weekend! When I remarked the error the clerk said she knew and that's why she needed my conf. #. It had been a LONG day of travelling with a special needs child and the clerk could have just said she noticed the error. Instead she went on to tell me the $400+ reservation was non refundable. Yes this was my error but again it was the way I was treated by the clerk that felt unnecessary. There was no reason to have me sift through e-mails and stress over rates when in the end she agreed to transfer the prepaid reservation amount and apply to the much higher rate for the current weekend. Having spent a small fortune on summer camp for my special needs child (the reason I was in the city was to drop him off) I was happy with her resolution, just wish she hadn't made me feel so crappy in front of other guests and my son.

The hotel and room were very clean. I didn't use the pool but it looked nice. The free parking and free breakfast were great. A big breakfast room with lots of options and friendly staff. The room was cleaned daily and housekeeping staff were friendly when we saw them.

We had to leave the hotel to get to the mall but it's right around the corner and mostly covered and I would say extremely convenient to the mall and restaurants and transit.

Room Tip: Staying higher up you avoid the common areas
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear ArcticExplore,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We are sorry for any inconvenience and confusion our staff may have caused you at check in. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Modena, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

You know exactly what to xpect rom Holiday Inns Express ...free parking, free breakfast, free wifi, a comfy bed, a large TV, clean rooms
That's what I found so no surprises there
Minor glitches like a laundry that seemed could not be returned the same day, a debit to the credit card before check out and before I could split the bill to two credit cards
They could use BIG TIME a fresh coat of paint outside and new carpets throughout the hotel but all in all I will definitely go back to this hotel when in town
I am a big hampton inn guy but I must say that sometimes, like this one, I wonder ....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear jodathegreatjedi,

We like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and we also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your valuable comment with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention, to give us the chance to improve future guests' experiences. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed 4 night in the hotel, it is just next to a big mall, and sky train, which is very convenient. Plus they have a free parking facility, no matter if you are driving, everywhere seems easily access. We stayed in the executive floor everything is clean. The staff are very helpful, except we book the room for 4 adult, but there is only 2 adult's amenities at the begining, after we call the front desk, the amenities were quickily prepared and did refill everyday since then.
The bed is a bit too soft for me, but I guess everyone has a very personal standard for the bed, anyway it is clean and still comfortable.
The air-conditioning is quite noisy because it keeps turning on and off when the room reach certain temperature.
The breakfast is good generally, but 1 day the drink machine was broken and there is no any drink supply for about 1 hour, the manager was very efficient, once she came in and recognized the problem, she ordered to use a big bowl with some ice inside and putting some bottled juice to serve the clients. Everyone was happy to get a bottled drink. However there is also things could be better, the muffins and banana was runing out quickily but there is no refill of the muffin and the banana even for 2 days( we stayed there for 4 nights and we got some crazy muffin and banana lover amount us, they were quite upset)
The facilties in hotel are good, they have coin laundry machines, a gym and a small pool. I think is quite sufficient for most travellers.
But in general for its price and location it is a friendly and nice hotel.

Room Tip: not trying different type of room, but higher floor should be better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kamloops, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Despite our team staying at this location and spending thousands of dollars with just our rooms, the manager and some staff were very rude to us. Rooms were not cleaned and when they actually did come to clean we had to vacate the room for them to do it despite us being gone for an extended period of time in the morning and early afternoon on the second day. (the first full day there they did not come to clean at all just left towels in the morning) Other guests toilets did not work upon checking in and rooms were not cleaned at all during a 4 day stay. The construction noise was the least of our problems at this establishment. Will never stay again despite the great location.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. I believe the Hilton is very close by.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hotelgalvancouver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with our service while your sportsteam stayed at our hotel. We did attempt to clean your rooms, however, many of your group displayed the Do Not Disturb sign for most of the day. We left letters in all those rooms explaining our hours for housekeeping service and encouraging guests to call our front desk to arrange service during those hours. We are sorry that you felt our service was not friendly, however, when your team took over our breakfast bar during breakfast hours to hold a photo shoot, we asked in a courteous but firm manner that you cease in order to allow all of our guests to be able to enter the room for their breakfast. We do not think this was unreasonable, and we would have been happy to make the room available to you after breakfast service had we been asked. We also asked members of your group not to consume alcohol in the breakfast bar lounge area in the evenings, as it was not a licesned area. We continued to have issues with this even after we asked them to cease.

We have hosted hundreds of sports teams over the years, normally with great results. It seems that perhaps your expectations were different than what our hotel can provide. For that we are sorry. We hope that you can find a hotel that meets your needs when you are next in our area.

Best regards,

Linda Griffiths

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown? Share your experiences!