“A good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre

You added Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4331 Dominion St, Burnaby, British Columbia V5G 1C7, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Burnaby
Victoria, Canada
“A good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We often go to Vancouver to visit family and this hotel is convenient and comfortable.
It has only recently become a Delta Hotel and they are in the process of refurbishing. We have stayed there twice and each time the room has been newly decorated and very bright and cheerful. New air conditioning units ensure a comfortable temperature and are very quiet. The restaurant is reasonably priced and has good food. We were not tempted to try the casino but if you are a player, then you would find staying here very convenient.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I will share your comments with our staff and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great service, and offers a free shuttle around Burnaby. Very convenient and reasonably priced. Clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. I am glad we were able to accommodate you in our shuttle when you needed it. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Just walk in to elevator, worn carpets and dirty, rooms need major overhaul.
Management reaction to complaints poor.

Room Tip: Try another hotel, dont believe ratings
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing us in your recent visit to Burnaby. I was sorry to see you had an issue with your stay. The entire hotel was completely renovated and re-opened in April of 2009. We have worked hard to ensure the hotel is kept up in top condition and we take pride in ensuring we respond to any concerns of our guests. I am sorry if we have failed to do so in your recent stay. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss further.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed at Delta for our 30th anniversary and got a surprise free upgrade to 21st floor, signature club suite. Very lovely suite room, spotless everywhere, nice large bathroom. Very comfortable bed. Plus rec'd a special treat of chocolate & a welcome card. Thank very much for this special things you (Delta) had done for us. We truly enjoyed very much at this modern hotel. Free parking, free internet & great location. Just a few minutes driving to metro mall. We highly recommend this hotel to all travellers.

Room Tip: request a higher floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

My name is Paul Gallop and I am the Operations Manager for the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. I was so pleased to see you chose us to celebrate your special anniversary and that you enjoyed your stay. As you mention we have a fabulous location with lots of amenities close by and our staff are always focused on providing an exceptional stay. We look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the future.
Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Bid on priceline and this was the hotel we got. We couldnt believe it was the right place when we pulled up because of how grand it looked for what we paid! As soon as we pulled up, the boys at the door looked after us. Got our bags, parked our car, dragged our things to the room, even retrieved my phone I left in the car! All the time being friendly and professional. The Check in was easy and we were told of their endless list of amenities. We were given a room on the 18th floor with a kingsize bed and beautiful view of Vancouver. Lovely, clean room with a big cushy bed. After supper we were having company up to our room so asked the boys at the door where the nearest liquor store was and they offered to drive my husband there in the shuttle! Really great customer service!! We also tried their restaurant and checked out the great entertainment in the attatched casino. We had a really great stay and highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: go high!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Hello,

My name is Paul Gallop and I am the Operations Manager for the Delta Burnaby Hotel. I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took great care of you. As you mentioned we have some great things to do in the area and I was pleased to see we were able to accommodate you in our shuttle when you needed it. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

This hotel and conference centre is in a beautiful location with excellent amenities. We were there for a company hockey tournament and they were very good to us!

The casino is convient, food was delicious, room was very nice, staff were wonderful!

I would definitely stay there again, and I would recommend all of my friends to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Hello,

My name is Paul Gallop and I am the Operations Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. Thank you very much for your great comments, I am proud of the team we have here at the hotel and we always strive to exceed our guest's expectations. I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

I am writing this review as i am still here in the hotel. In fact, I am using one of the hotel's two (2) computer terminals. I am using the one in the Signature Club Lounge (20th floor)'s computer, which has a printer attached. The other one is located on the main floor in the Business Centre. That particular one seems to be used all the time as the door to the Business Centre was left wide open and no login/ password is required, so anyone can walk in and use it.

The hotel is situated just south of the Transcanada highway 1 which has a lot of traffic all the time. We were placed on the 19th floor (Signature club) and that room had a view of the majestic mountains & the highway. The highway is noisy despite the hotel having heavy curtain & sheer, it couldn't completely drown out the noise. Though the view of the mountains is very breathtaking. Plus, you can walk outside to the balcony for a panaramic view.

This is by far the most contemporary and chic Delta hotel. The other ones I stayed at in Halifax were quite old and needed some updates. But, Delta Burnaby has the following chic items in the guest room:

1) Dark chocolate colour desk
2) Stand-up style glass shower enclosure (in place of the tub)
3) Kohler sink and toilet
4) Granite countertop
5) Modern decor and light fixtures

Overall, I like the modern style they have at the hotel.

The parking is across the street. It is also the parking for the adjoining casino. Anyone can drive into the parking as there is no barrier or attendant there.

The location is in a somewhat industrial area, other than the hotel/ casino, there is not much around here. If you need to go to a mall, try Metrotown, it is a large two storey mall with plenty of indoor parking.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
My name is Paul Gallop and I am the Operations Manager at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. I am glad you are enjoying your stay and please ensure you let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay morte enjoyble!

Been to Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!