“Avoid the poutine, enjoy the clubhouse” 3 of 5 stars

(250) 286-4828
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 120 Restaurants in Campbell River
Campbell River, Canada
“Avoid the poutine, enjoy the clubhouse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I paid extra to have the fries upgraded to poutine. It clearly states in the menu that the poutine uses cheese curds. When I received my meal, the poutine had shredded cheese on it. Shedded cheese and gravy does not make poutine. I would have clarified this point if the menu had not been clear about the use of cheese curds. I asked the waitress where the cheese curds were and she went to ask the "chef". I was informed that they used shredded cheese curds!! That is the most rediculous things I have ever heard. I explained that I would not have ordered poutine if I had known it was going to be shredded cheese. I was still willing to eat the fries, gravy and cheese (I can't call this poutine since its not) rather than throw it away, but I was not willing to pay for it. She went and saw the "chef" and then told me that I could not keep the fries if I was not going to pay for them. They wanted to scrape them off of my plate and give me plain fries instead. I could not believe this. What a waste of food. Have an accurate menu and this would not happen. I got a bit irate with all of this and they decided to let me keep the fries, but when I got the bill, they charged me for the gravy. What a cheap, petty, annoying thing to do. I steadfastly refused to pay for the gravy since it was part of the "poutine" that wasn't. They finally gave in without any sort of apology about having an innacurate menu. Too bad considering they have one of the best clubhouse sandwiches in town. Just hope you don't have a problem with anything or you will have a fight on your hands.

Visited August 2011

Victoria, Canada
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Average place to have breakfast, I have had to sit in a both that is in bad need of repair and it snagged my nylons so that didnt make me to happy to start the day

Campbell River, British Columbia
“Home cookin'!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

GREAT burgers! Great prices. Great coffee. Great comfort food in a log cabin

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“AMAZING food, Excellent service and awesome staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011 via mobile

Perfect family dinning. Reasonably priced, friendly and helpful staff, excellent service and the food is beyond amazing! Love this place, will be back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver Island, Canada
“This place has the right combination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Referred here for breakfast by one of the locals. Welcomed and seated immediately by very friendly staff. Great breakfast of eggs bennie and reasonably priced.
Really liked this restaurant - very clean, friendly staff, good food and reasonably priced. Will come back here again to check the lunch and dinner.

• Visited July 2011