“Typical small town resteraunt. Friendly service, ample portions, reasonable price, and on our visit ..only average prese” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Banners Restaurant

Banners Restaurant
1319 Island Highway, Campbell River, British Columbia V9W 2C9, Canada
(250) 286-6711
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 117 restaurants in Campbell River
Vancouver Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Our group agreed it was ok... but... lets try somewhere else next time.

Visited May 2012

46% Recommend
Campbell River, Canada
“Good for a Quick Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Nothing spectacular - but there is a view of Discovery Passage and the Quadra Island Ferry, although the decor is somewhat dated.
Food is adequate - not bad and not awesome, but portions are generous.
My husband had a Grilled Monte Cristo - it was huge and the turkey was FRESH- not the turkey roll. I had the baby shrimp salad - appetizer size and was just right, the vegetables were nice and fresh (not out of a plastic bag).
The service was good - really friendly and quick, and we were asked how everything was...
The menu is a little "boring" - same old diner items, including Liver and onions.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Union Bay, BC
“Service was so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

The waitress that greeted us, could obviously not give a hoot whether we showed up or not and at first it appeared as though she were the only one on duty. The large restaurant was about one third full and she was a little put out that we wanted a table with a view.

Another, friendlier gal appeared after a bit and service improved somewhat. The furniture and flooring was a little worse for wear and the bench we had was downright threadbare, with the upholstery ripped to shreds. Apparently our booth was a very popular one.

The food was decent and good value for money. We had breakfast and probably will stop there again. It beats the chain restaurants as far as taste and portion sizes, for sure.

Visited April 2012
Campbell River, Canada
“Will not be back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I took my 2 young kids to Banners last week and was very dissapointed with the service and the food. I asked the waitress how big the chef salad was. I was informed that this is a huge salad and I would probably prefer the appetizer size. When I ordered the large salad, I believe it was with a different waitress. I also ordered 2 kids meals that include ice cream for dessert. When my salad was delivered, I was asked by the waitress what size salad I had decided to order. I was a bit confused by this question and asked her back "You tell me what size salad this is". Her reply to this was, "I have no idea what size salad that is". How can you work in a restaurant and have no idea if a salad is an appetizer or full size? I assume this was a full size as it seemed a little big to be an appetizer size, but to call it huge would be difficult. I had also asked for a vinegrette dressing and Italian is the closest they could come. No vinegrette dressing is available. The price I paid would have been acceptable if the salad had been huge, but it was over priced for the serving size I received. My kids finished their meals and we waited for the ice cream to come. It never did. I finally asked if the kids got ice cream with their meals and the waitress said "Oh yes, I was just waiting for you to ask". This is supposed to be good service? Lousy food, poorly trained staff, limited healthy selections makes this a restaurant I will not be returning to.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
“Incredible Soup! I mean homemade at it's best! Love their daily sandwich specials too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Banners is just around the corner from my office, so I pop in with clients once in a while. Their menu is always fresh, the service is soo friendly and I love their soup! So tasty!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere