“there for a sons funeral” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Campbell River

You added Travelodge Campbell River to your Saves list
Travelodge Campbell River
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   340 South Island Highway, Campbell River, British Columbia V9W 1A5, Canada (Formerly "Super 8")   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Campbell River

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have stayed at this location many times......My dog & I are treated very well. However this trip on arrival.......the screen on the window was destroyed it appeared somebody had gone through the screen to get outside.......the grate on the outside wall was damaged as well as the casing covering the heater & a/c. I don't enjoy using the heater or a/c I like to keep the window open all the time for fresh air. I asked Nikkie for duct tape and proceeded to apply a few rows of tape at the top & bottom of the screen to prevent insects. Also the electrical outlet where the lamp was plugged in, only one outlet was working, therefore plugging in my computer meant going to the other end of the room. There is only one comfortable chair in this room, located by the none working outlet, it was clean BUT falling apart.I don't carry a cell phone and the phone in the room has tired sticky keys requiring a push & pull performance. All the land lines that I have encounted at the lodge have old poor performace appliances.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel is not in the center of the town and right on the highway, so expect some noise.
The breakfast is basic, but you can make your own waffles, so it gets a plus from me :)
The swimming pool has so much chlorine in it, that we decided not to go in it.
Generally the rooms are clean and good size, overlooking the strait (and the highway), but it is well priced, so would not expect to be in a better location, I gues is good for an overnight stay or two.

Room Tip: We stayed on the road facing side, so was a bit noisy, so if you want quiet I suggest to ask for a r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TLCRManager, General Manager at Travelodge Campbell River, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank-you for your comments regarding your recent stay here. I am glad to hear you enjoyed some of our amenities. I am sorry to hear you did not find the pool comfortable. The water in the pool and hot tub are tested every day, and treatments are made to maintain the water quality at the standards set by the local health authority. This can be challenging at times and I apologize if the chlorine level seemed to be too high at the time you went to use it.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was meant to stay at this Travelodge on a weekend in August 2012 for work. Due to travel, etc I did not reach the hotel until 10pm on the day it had been booked for. Upon reaching the hotel and informing the night desk person (or night manager) of my name and check in information I heard "Ohhhhh. Bad news".
I was then informed that my reservation had been cancelled. News to me. I asked why. "It's a busy weekend in Campbell River and there were lots of inquiries. As a result the manager, in wanting to ensure revenue for the hotel over the weekend, ran all the credit cards on file for reservations. Any that didn't work for whatever reason were cancelled and given to other people" (or something very, very close to that effect).
Problems: 1) My room had been reserved under a company credit card. It's a large company. We DO NOT default on payments. There is nothing wrong with that credit card. 2) At NO POINT was I called to be informed AHEAD of time that there a) there was an issue with the credit card and could we confirm the numbers? b) that the reservation was cancelled, you might want to look for alternative rooms before your arrival to Campbell River.
Instead, the night manager (who was quite young and indicated he had just graduated from hotel management courses) had to find me rooms elsewhere on an evening when basically everything else was booked. Though this young man was helpful, apologetic and understanding of my un-happiness, this hasn't much improved my overall opinion of this establishment.
The worst of it is, is that when I was leaving, this young man indicated that he wasn't looking forward to having this same conversation with a family that was due to arrive at midnight that seem evening. So the manager wanted 'guaranteed revenue for that weekend'?? The manager just guaranteed that establishment of me ever considering to stay there again and hopefully, maybe you.
The establishment I stayed in instead, however was delightful and I'm quite eager to stay there again. It was on Quadra Island, similar pricing and still very close to Campbell River. It wasn't a problem to get to my work event early on Saturday morning (though I didn't get settled into that hotel until after 11pm that same evening). I even got to take a water taxi!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to convey the unfortunate circumstances of your reservation at our hotel. I would like to offer you our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. I am glad to hear the desk clerk was helpful in resolving the problem as best he could at the time. We never want to see guests turned away or legitimate reservations cancelled, and regret this happened due to some error in processing charges to the credit card provided. While the hotel needs to take measures to ensure it’s interests, (for instance the second reservation referred to, was indeed a no-show) we realize this situation could have been avoided with some communication. Thank you again for your comments, this will help us in taking measures to improve our level of service.

Travelers are raving about these Campbell River hotels

Been to Travelodge Campbell River? Share your experiences!