We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children aged 8 and 10. We booked a sea-view room almost one year in advance and had it confirmed in writing. We stayed here on honeymoon 14yrs ago and loved the views so much, that was our main reason for staying here again. This time our trip was to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. We were VERY disappointed that we were not given the sea-view room we had requested, the woman on the reception desk was not at all apologetic and claimed not to have known we'd booked a sea-view, despite me showing her our written confirmation. The receptionist showed no interest in the fact we had stayed before, were returning guests, and that we were celebrating a special birthday. Our room was adequate, but some distance from the front area of the hotel, and certainly not of the standard we were expecting. We ate at April Point on our first night, lovely food but we wish someone had told us about the free loyalty card, we would have saved 10% on our bill - ask for a card straight away if you stay here!
We had another mix-up on our last morning. We had booked Sunday brunch at April Point and were told to be over on the Island by 10am. We arrived to discover no brunch, only breakfast. They selection was minimal and they didn't even have all the items on the menu available. I realised there had obviously been a mistake, and I asked if brunch was back at Painter's - the staff didn't know, but phoned up to find that yes, indeed the brunch was over there! We got the water taxi back over and luckily got a table, which was good because the brunch was the best part of our entire stay there!
When we checked out we weren't asked if we'd enjoyed our stay, we left feeling very disappointed indeed.
On returning home I took up this issue with our travel company, they are going to refund the extra we paid for a sea-view and have contacted Painter's Lodge about our problems. To date (several weeks after our return!), we have had no contact from Painter's Lodge at all, not what is expected from a "prestige" resort at all!!
- Also Known As:
- Painter`s Hotel
- Painter`s Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Resort Campbell River
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the pristine shores of Vancouver Island, Painter's Lodge offers world-class salmon fishing, breathtaking wildlife and scenery and full amenities. When you're not fighting a mighty salmon on the line, soak in the outdoor pool, refine your serve on the tennis courts, or watch marine life play as you tour the coastline on a Wildlife Adventure Tour. Connected by water taxi, guests enjoy all the amenities including new Aveda Spa at April Point Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Painter's Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.