“Very Good AYCE” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Castlegar
Cuisines: Seafood, Fish & Chips
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Joey’s Castlegar Location. Joey’s Restaurant in Castlegar is a comfortable family–style restaurant providing affordable dining in smart surroundings. Come in and meet our local staff who are more than eager to share in our passion for serving the community and our loyal customers. Quality rules! This is why all of our seafood products are prepared FRESH, when YOU order. Join us every Tuesday for All You Can Eat Famous Fish & Chips.
Castlegar, Canada
“Very Good AYCE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to Joey's for all you can eat fish and chips last night. We hadn't been there in quite some time. The fish was perfect. Light crispy coating, moist, tender fish. Yum.
We chose the haddock over the pollock. Nice meaty pieces of fish. We really enjoyed it.
Service was excellent and very friendly. Price was extremely reasonable. Great job folks :)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Spokane
“Inexpensive menu with good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Their breakfast choices are ample but not something I want to repeat
on a regular basis. Friendly staff and efficient.

Trail, Canada
“mmmm fish and chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went for my hubby's birthday. DELICIOUS fish and chips! His first drink was on the house. I appreciated the quirky server we had and would definitely go again. In fact, it's been too long =D

Trail, Canada
“Love the fish Taco's!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

If you like fish tacos and your not going to be anywhere near the ocean and fresh fish, then check them out!

Visited November 2012
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Disaster in Castlegar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had breakfast at this restaurant and being a seafood restaurant we didn't expect much but it was all that was open close to our hotel. We were pleasantly surprised - the food was good and the waitress was efficient and friendly. Based on this experience we booked for ourselves and another couple for that same evening. The staff for dinner however were very young, didn't know the menu and were generally unimpressive. (including the chef) The drinks waitress, for example, tried to take our drink orders before we had even sat down. The shrimp appetizers were quite good but then the entrees were served. My husband and I had snapper. My snapper was so dried out that it was impossible to eat. It was gray in places and some parts of it were so tough I couldn't get my fork into it. My husbands serve was also dry but edible and our friends' salmon was also over cooked. To add to this the cheques were mixed up and we were initially charged for the shrimp we ordered in place of my my terrible fish (I was given only five small shrimp in place of two pieces of fish), and our friends were initially charged for part of our orders. It took about 15 minutes to get that sorted out. It was no wonder that this place was almost empty on a Friday night.

• Visited September 2012