“Great beer and service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Castlegar
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Barbecue, Healthy, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great beer and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stopped in recently and were treated to lots of information about the various local beers that are offered. My husband tried the rack of 6 beers to see which one he preferred...what a great idea!! Our server took the time time to explain each beer that my husband tried. We tried both the smoked beef bones and brisket. We'd have to say the beef bones were far better. We enjoyed the corn bread that came with the meal. Overall, we'd recommend this pub!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kamloops, Canada
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

If you like a little spice in your life try the Chipolte Chicken Wrap. It is awesome. Went back for it a second time in two days stay in the area.

Visited August 2013
“Like a fine wine it, it gets better with age”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I first went to the lionshead just after it first opened. They were only getting started but you could see the vision that the owners were trying to achieve: great craft beer, solid home cooked food, and a space that makes anyone feel like a local. Having just gone back for a visit, I would say that they are well on their way.
There was a wide selection of delicious beers I had never heard of, the food was well prepared from ingredients they try to source locally ( so the waitress told me), and people were rolling in and out, chatting with the staff and just enjoying the sunny day.

I did wait for my food but i wouldn't say it was an excessively long time. It takes time to produce food that you don't yank out of a microwave and i think lots of people are used to the Mcdonalds experience. I took that time to get some local knowledge on fishing spots and strategy, great hikes, events for the weekend, and enjoy my maple stout (and i remember the name cuz it was that good)

Having grown up in the area and relocated to the coast, im stoked to be able to go home and hang out in a place like this. I don't mean to pump their tires too much but you gotta give credit when its due. I would recommend going in and trying the beer sampler, try some new and different beers, push your boundaries, and watch out for the locals as some do bite ;) Thanks again to the lionshead staff for the pointers. Cheers - S

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southern Utah
“Decent pub food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stopped in for a quick dinner and found the food and beer to be average. Feels like a dive bar that serves okay food.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I didn't expect to find good food in a pub, but the BLT I ordered was great, as was the accompanying green salad. My 3 fellow foodies also thoroughly enjoyed their dishes. We tried a couple of their draft beer. The dark beer with a hint of chocolate was good.

• Visited June 2013