“Adequate” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Castlegar

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Castlegar to your Saves list
Quality Inn Castlegar
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1935 Columbia, Castlegar, British Columbia V1N 2W8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Castlegar
London
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

Decent location, better priced than other motels in the area but no pool. Onsite restuarant but only average food. Free breakfast from the restuarant but limited menu.
Clean room and comfortable bed

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

Overpriced, but saying that if i got this place for free, it still would be overpriced! Terrible rooms, dirty and smelly place! If you have any sense dont stay here!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

I got a great night's rest and didn't hear a peep throughout the night. But then I took a shower, well attempted to take a shower. There was hair all over the counter, the tub and the shower curtain. It almost looked as if someone shaved their dog in the tub. I turned on the water and to my dissmay I noticed that the drain was clogged with hair. I know it was clogged with hair because hair started emerging from the drain and wrapped around my feet while all the time the shower went from hot to cold. Hopefully this was the only bathroom in the hotel that did this. But nevertheless it was gross and I have to say it ruined my whole day right from the get go.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights before driving back to Vancouver. The hotel is family owned and operated. A five minute drive to downtown Castlegar. We had a issue with our door cards which was quickly rectified. As stated the free breakfast is adequate. There are 2 free internet connected computers in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2009
Vernon BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

I've stayed in Castlegar many times at the Sandman, my wife wanted to finfd a plce a little less expensive and we drove across the street and found the quality inn. We got a great rate and to top it off, we got breakfast included as for $89.00 cdn. The food in the restuarant was deleiteful and we really enjoyed staying there. The family that owns this place made us feel like really preople and took their time to show us the room and assist us. We will be staying at this place again when we return to Castlegar. The rooms are quiet nice furnished and we got a decent sleep there.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

This motel is situated near a busy intersection, but I asked for, and got, a quiet ground floor room, with a beautiful view of the mountains and I couldn't hear the traffic. If you have a groundfloor room, you can park your car at the door. If you have an upper level room, you have a balcony, but entry is through the lobby and you park your car in the main car park. My room felt a bit small with 2 double beds, but was very smart and clean, equipped with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Free internet in the lounge. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
I only had 1 breakfast in the motel's restaurant and was not impressed. My cutlery was dirty and I would describe the food as hot and acceptable. The waitress was indifferent. This seemed to be a different standard to the motel.
However there is a shopping centre very close by, with a selection of restaurants, and more places within a 10 minute walk.
Downtown is about a 10 minute drive, or cross the river to the Doukhobors centre - worth a visit.

• Liked — friendly staff in motel
  • Disliked — restaurant
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

My wife and I recently stayed at the Quality Inn as the campsite we were trying to get into was full. The family that runs this hotel are the nicest, kindest people we have come across in all of the hotels we've stayed at. They helped us in every way they could with our gear and they took every opportunity to take care of us which was greatly appreciated after 8 hours of driving from Vancouver. The room itself was comfortable, clean, and well looked after. It was also a reasonable price. However, I would stay with them again simply for how they treated us. That kind of personal service seems to be rare these days and I think it needs to be rewarded.

Jonathan and Kelly

Stayed August 2007

Been to Quality Inn Castlegar? Share your experiences!