“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Castlegar RV Park, Cabins & Campground

Castlegar RV Park, Cabins & Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castlegar
Castlegar RV Park, Cabins & Campground
You added Castlegar RV Park, Cabins & Campground to your Saves list
1725 Highway 3 West, Castlegar, British Columbia V1N 4W1, Canada   |
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the warm and quiet atmosphere.Proprietors Dale and Liz were so much fun to be around, always smiling and laughing.I could not believe my eyes when I opened my Park model,it was like staying in a five star hotel.Whenever I needed anything Liz and Dale were always there to help! I cannot say enough good things about being a guest at this lovely little park.Tell all your friends,I did!

Room Tip: Ask for a Park Model
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I just spent a wonderful Labour Day weekend at the park in one of the park models called the Richmond. It was like staying in an upscale hotel room with all the amenities. Very clean. The owners were always accommodating and helpful with any questions we had. They are very knowledgeable about the surrounding areas and tourist sites. I would recommend this park to any traveler for either short or long term stays.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Don't come here at all! I don't recommend this to anyone. We were there for 8 days. The second to last day we woke up to dead mouse in the toilet but it was cleaned up fast. Later we found mouse droppings in our food, under the garbage can, in the vents, in closets, and the cupboards. This was also cleaned up but alot was missed. Later that night we could hear them crawling across the floor.The grounds keeper (Liz) then tried telling us we probaley brought the mice on our clothing and food. This cannot possibly happen as we have been in suitcases for months. Now because we left early than the time we were suppose to leave they are still charging our company for the four days we are not going to stay. I will say the location is nice but that is not good enough for all the other issues.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We rented the newer 2009 mobile. Outward appearances were lovely but our trip went down hill when we found a mouse in the toilet. These things happen- and it was taken care of quickly. The following morning we found mouse droppings in most of the kitchen cupboards and one of the bedroom drawers. Most all of our dry foods were contaminated and had to be thrown away.
Liz sent her husband up to deal with this at which point he yelled at myself and my 2 kids to get him a vacuum. This was not professional nor the least bit nice. When did it become the paying customers duty to help clean it? I have asthma as well as my kids. It wasn't droppings from one small measly mouse - this was many. I had no intention as a guest to clean this up.
To add insult to injury Liz suggested that we likely brought these mice into the place on our food and clothing when we moved in! They just can't face the fact that this lovely place had a few rodents! If the other units had been fumigated in recent weeks then certainly it is possible that they have left and come into the unit that wasn't done. Duh! My husbands company was paying for this and after we moved out they would NOT refund anything. We left on a Monday yet they still charged right up until Friday. We asked for a compromise and asked for a credit of 2 days. They wouldn't even do that. It isn't as though it was rentable after we left ( or it shouldn't have been)

It doesn't matter that the company was paying or not. The bottom line is that we had to move out because of this and we are the ones being penalized. These things happen and that is fine but it's the way yet dealt with it and how confrontational they became. We let them know that we will not be recommending them, Hydro won't be using them and we will be letting the Better Business Bureau know. All he could say to my husband on the phone was that he doesnt need Hydro's business and "Are you threatening me" when we mentioned the BBB. it wasn't a threat -it was the facts. We have made a report with the Better Business Bureau since they would not budge. This could have been handled much better

• Stayed August 2012
Oregon, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I and our 3 dogs recently drove up from Oregon, USA to camp at a WONDERFUL RV park in Castlegar, British Columbia. Never have we stayed at a place that is well known for how clean, tidy, FRIENDLY and hospitable.......especially the restroom/washrooms/showers!!!!!!!. We HIGHLY recommend this place whether you're simply pass'n through with your 'rig', or you're looking for somewhere to pitch a tent and stay awhile. This is the 1st campsite we've ever come across that is not only DOG FRIENDLY, but they actually have an "OFF LEASH DOG RUN!!!!!" So, for all you fellow dog lovers out there, GIVE CASTLEGAR RV AND CAMPSITE (OWNERS DALE AND LIZ) A TRY :-).

BLESSINGS ON YOU.......

HISLAMBIAM4EVER......:-)

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Westlock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Liz puts the extra touches in this comfy cabin, complete with microwave, full stove, large fridge and very nice entertainment unit. The cabin has a wonderful shower with fluffy towels. The kitchen has all the necessities with good quality cooking utensils. The park is quiet and well managed. The RV sites are close together as are similar parks in this region. There are private tenting sites in the canopy of trees which are secluded. Good value and highly recommended.

Room Tip: There are also 3 park models that are well equipped for "cabin Living" We stayed here 3 n...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

After striking out looking for a spot to camp in Nelson, we stumbled on Castlegar RV Park. Liz and Dale were very friendly and accomodating - even when we lost our bathroom key. They were exremely helpful as we searched for fun cycling spots and hikes in the area. We had our big dog with us and she was welcomed with open arms. I even caught Liz talking to her when she thought we weren't paying attention. The sites are rather crowded and there is a central fire pit rather than fire pits at each spot but it was a positive experience overall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Castlegar RV Park, Cabins & Campground? Share your experiences!