“An absoulute Gem! We will be back in the ski season!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old House Village Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Old House Village Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Old House Village Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1730 Riverside Lane, Courtenay, British Columbia V9N 8C7, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Courtenay
Victoria, Canada
“An absoulute Gem! We will be back in the ski season!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The front desk staff was so helpful they had us checked in and on our way in no time. We had no idea what to expect from a resort in Courtenay, to our delight the rooms were very modern, the kitchen had everything we could possibly want. The bedroom was very welcoming and comfortable. This will deffinetley be our spot during the ski season, it is 15 minutes at the most from Mt.Washington. The Spa was breath taking, the atmosphere they have created their needs to be experienced first hand. We would strongly suggest anyone who is heading up to the mountain or just looking for a getaway check this place out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed for 8 nights and were disappointed by the inconsistent service. The front desk staff ranged from excellent to hostile depending on the day.
Even though they knew there were 5 of us staying in the room, there were only 2 sets of towels. I called to request extra towels and they never arrived.
The housekeeping staff were all over the map. On the first day they went completely overboard - instead of just cleaning the room, they went through our things and moved our stuff all over the room, putting it into cabinets and drawers instead of leaving it where we had placed it. But after that they often wouldn't even remember to replace the toilet paper or kleenex.
The staff were very helpful with trying to solve a problem with the wireless but it still took about 5 days before I had reasonably reliable wireless in the room.
The kitchen is large and well-stocked and a huge help for a long stay, but if you don't need it there are other good hotels in town. The Holiday Inn is nice with very friendly staff. We also visited family in a new room at the Best Western and we were blown away with how nice the room was.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
OHMGR, General Manager at Old House Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as this will assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

My front desk staff are all very aware that I will make myself available to any of our guests who wish to speak with me regarding their experience good or not so good. I am open to all feedback and encourage our staff to offer my contact information. I believe you were given my card and therefore I am disappointed that during the 8 days of your stay with us that I did not receive a telephone call or email advising me of your dissatisfaction. I am confident that any issues you were having could have been rectified immediately.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 250 703-0980.
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at the Old House on a recent trip to Vancouver Island and loved every minute of it. The view of the mountains was great, the location of the hotel was right in the middle of everything and the soaker tob in the room was fabulous. The restaurant has great food and is very impressive to look at from the outside. Staff are friendly and accommodating but I will say that the pool should stay open past 9pm. Most nights I didn't return to the hotel until 9 or so and it would have been really nice to go for a swim in the pool. Overall though, I would highly recommend the Old House and hope to return someday soon!

Room Tip: The rooms in the 2nd building are newer and more impressive (but more expensive).
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Even thought we were on the street side of the hotel our corner suite was VERY quiet and comfortable. The one bedroom suite was well laid out with a living room, dining room and kitchen. The bedroom had a very firm bed with the tv mounted up on the wall for easy viewing. The bathroom had a separate shower with a soaker tub, well lit and clean.
We were looking for comfort, quiet and relaxation. The only thing missing was room service. The Old House Restaurant we found was not attached to the hotel so they did not provide room service. We were however able to order takeout and there were many other options close by.
The 10:00 am check out time was too early and the 4:00 pm check in was too late.
We would definitely return for another visit.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The rooms are the best I have ever stayed at, they are spotless.
They have all the conveniences of home even a washer and dryer, which came in handy for us. The best sleep I have ever had, the beds are so comfortable you fall asleep right away. The service I had was excellent, especially the General Manager, she was fabulous.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are amazing! The staff is extremley friendly and helpfull. The location is great as you are close to all amenities. We loved staying there and the spa was fantastic!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Delta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We loved the one bedroom apartment we rented recently when we went to Courtenay for a wedding. It was more than large enough for two people, had a fully equipped kitchen with fridge, stove, dishwasher and microwave, and also had a in-suite washer and dryer. It had a nice bathroom with a full bath/shower. Our room looked over the garden towards the restaurant and was very peaceful. It was nice to either turn on the air conditioning or open the windows to get fresh air.

The fridge doesn't come stocked with drinks and munchies like hotel bar fridges, so make sure you pick up some items at the grocery store first. There are several vending machines with pop and chips if you're in a real bind.

For us city folk on the hunt for good coffee, there is a Starbucks across the street, within walking distance.

I look forward to staying here again the next time I'm in Courtenay!

Room Tip: Don't rent a studio, as they look over the parking lot and the Pizza Hut directly across the str...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Old House Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!