“Delicious Sushi!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 120 Restaurants in Courtenay
BC
“Delicious Sushi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We went for sushi at Sah-Mi on NYE. It was our first time there. There was only 2 other couples in the restaurant, very quiet. We ordered 3 rolls, appetizer sashimi, seaweed salad and drinks. Everything we ordered was so good. The appetizer sashimi was enough for 2 people!

We will be going back for sure! Our only complaint was the music that was playing was so painful to listen to, screechy elevator music. I almost wanted to ask them to turn it off, but didn't want to be rude.

The menu has many great looking things on it. We noticed that the bento boxes sounded huge too. We will be back for lunch. There are 3 screened off Tatami rooms, which would be great for a birthday party, or get together.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Courtenay, Canada
“Best sushi that I have had in ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Have been here many times since they opened and have never once been disappointed with either the food or the friendly service. I will definitely return again and again!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Van Isle, BC
“Will Not Disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Tried Seh-Mi for the first time tonight and it did not disappoint! Wonderful food, beautiful presentation and great service. I love the variety on the menu and the inclusion of Dinner for Two and more groupings. The Bento Boxes were huge so we came home with lunch for the next day. I was very impressed with the prices! Well Done :)

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Courtenay, Canada
“Whole family is trying to make dining here a memorable experience - and it's working!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I ate here recently. The business is new, although the family has had another restaurant in a nearby town (Port Alberni) for years. The owner, his wife and their son are, if I understood correctly, all working there. It's been recently renovated and has standard seating, private screened off dining rooms, and a large menu.

We had both miso soup that came with our meals and I had wakame (seedweed salad)., I then had the chicken teriyaki Bento box - with tempura, and two kinds of sushi rolls, We were gifted with a sample of the spicy tuna roll. My husband had beef teriyaki with tempura and took an order of BC roll sushi home. I also had extra food to take home. Everything was delicious and presented very attractively. They carry gluten free soya sauce for those who require it and advice as to what is gluten free on the menu (most things). It was a delightful experience and I suppose next time I go it will be CROWDED because other people will come to the same conclusion!

• Visited October 2013