“Great for lunch.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Nanaimo BC Canada
“Great for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I often drive thru Courtenay and stopped to try the "old Applebees" restaurant now called Chads.
Excellent greeter who sat us quickly with menus.
Restaurant decor very pleasant and it had a nice,clean,wholesome feel to it.
Servers pleasant and efficient. The menu had plenty of options for all palates. A nice daily feature sheet was also provided.
As we were both trying to be healthy.....my husband had one of the salads with goat cheese and nuts. I was adventuresome and tried an appetizer which was chopped chicken and water chestnuts served wth two sauces. I had a whole half of an iceberg lettuce and had fun making tacos with the lettuce versus a corn tortilla. MUCH healthier and helped my goal of trying to be "wheat free".
Each meal was approx $10. We felt the meal was good and a reasonable price.
Mebbe next time we will try their dinner menu when we pass by next time.
I see they have nightly "specials", so mebbe phone ahead to ask.
Like another reviewer noted "A Pleasant Surprise"

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Courtenay, Canada
“I really like this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's like this. They have a large menu. I've eaten a lot of different of the choices by now. This is one place that my husband and I can both find what we want without compromise. Everything is fresh and good.

My favorites are: fried fish with double cole slaw, a burger if I'm feeling carnivorous (my husband always feels carnivorous), The Asian salad with chicken is a favorite I return to.

Last time we were there (2 days ago) my husband had a featured on tap chocolate porter beer. I stuck with the Ricker's Red ale. Everyone was happy. We go there A LOT!

Visited May 2013
Courtenay, Canada
“Fantastic Salad, Quick Service, Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A meal out is a rare splurge for me, so this was my first visit to Chad's. I ordered Jamie's Spinach and Shrimp Salad, enjoyed every bite of the enormous bowlful, and absolutely, heartily recommend it. Reasonably priced and chock full of fresh spinach greens, perfectly blackened shrimp, mandarin oranges, sliced almonds, bacon bits, red onions, and dried cranberries; all tossed in a delicious dressing with just the right amount of zing. Delicious!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“First Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We headed up to Courtney to drop family at the airport and stopped for supper at Chad's which is new to the Courtney area. We had never eaten there but were pleasantly surprised at the quality and abundance of food. They have a special for 2 at $25 or $30 that gives you an appetizer to share and each an entree from a pre-selected list. We tried the $30 dollar offering and were pleased with the outcome. Excellent service so we will be back when up in Courtney.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great place for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

An evolving menu with local ingredients. A talented chef. Friendly service. A price point that doesn't make you think twice about going. Another great dinner. What an improvement over the chain it used to be. Can't wait to go back. Amazing calamari fantastic mussels and wonderful steaks

• Visited April 2013