“Good pub food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Flying Canoe West Coast Pub

Flying Canoe West Coast Pub
1590 Cliffe Avenue | BEST WESTERN PLUS The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre, Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
250 331 4006
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Good pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The waitress was very friendly and the food was delicious.
The music was a little too loud for lunch time, though.

Visited July 2014

Nanaimo, Canada
“Tried & True”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

After moving away from the Comox Valley over a year ago I was very happy to see that my favorite pub and my favorite staff were still providing top notch food & beverage as well as top notch service. A recent addition of a Sushi Bar was a pleasant surprise :) Location can't be beat and I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“some good, some bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was rate this place just okay. The pizza margerita was deliscious once then bad the next. The Poutine was delicious when it had pork belly on it and just average and a little overpriced when they took it off and kept it at the same price. Sometimes we have great service and sometimes the staff takes a while to actually notice we are even there. I wouldn't recommend it but neither would I ward people off of it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Courtenay, Canada
“Shouldn't be called a pub!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

As we came for dinner and drinks the place became so packed and so insanely loud! Pubs are supposed to be a place to drink with friends and eat some good pub food. I couldn't even hear myself think and we couldn't hear each other across the table! This place is more like a club! It even had a doorman. What pub has a doorman/bouncer? It's so stupid!
Their burger and fries were so greasy! I think their deep fryer was too cold or our fries were double dipped into the fryer. They were dripping. Our salad was warm served on a hot plate!? What the hell are they doing back there? Not one of us finished our meal.The server was more interested in serving drinks than taking care of tables, so the service was horrible. Basically, go there if you want to party. But don't call this place a pub and definitely don't go there to eat, maybe if your drunk.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Courtenay, Canada
“World class blues in Courtenay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Last night we were treated to great music at the Flying Canoe Pub at the Westerly Hotel. The pub brought in a fantastic blues duo (Diana ? And Chris Whiteley). Absolutely as good as any blues I have ever heard live anywhere including Chicago. The room was packed. Staff had set tables with white table cloths, and we're dressed up themselves creating a really nice dinner theatre atmosphere. And the food was excellent. Prime rib was the special and looked really good but I had heard the pub had a old school traditional sushi chef on board and tried that instead. I was fully impressed by my food. I have not had better sushi anywhere, best sushi in the valley in my opinion.
I hope that the staff continues to bring in quality acts like this one, I will be back for sure.

• Visited April 2014