“Overall... A good place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre

You added BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1590 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, British Columbia V9N 2K4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Courtenay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Overall... A good place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The staff and the rooms at this hotel were excellent! There were however a few small details that kept this from getting 5 stars. 1. The pool and hot tub are located so far away from the accommodations. 2. The "complimentary" breakfast was powdered eggs and old leathery sausage. And lastly, 3. The entire place smells of mildew and bleach. Although it seems like I listed a lot of negatives, I would recommend this hotel. I enjoy my stay because the staff were pleasant and accommodating, the rooms were big and clean and it was well priced!

• Stayed January 2013
Linda B, Duty Manager at BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear CfnLds,
Thank you for taking the time in providing us with valuable feedback after your stay. Our guest comments are used as a tool to determine areas in which the Hotel can improve.
I am glad to see that you were very satisfied with your overall experience at the Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre and that you would return in the future, and also recommend us to your family and friends.
Thank-you again for the taking the time to provide us with feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the Westerly Hotel in the future! If I can be of any assistance during your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Linda Bigelow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western as part of a swim team in January. The hotel is centrally located and the rooms in the new wing are very clean and nice. Our experience from booking to check-out was outstanding! The manager who organized our group went out of her way to accommodate all of our needs. That excellent service did not end when we got there either. The front desk staff, the cleaning staff and the restaurant staff were ALL very helpful and accommodating. We had some dietary issues with our group and there was never any issue. The staff seemed generally pleased to help us. We will definitely book there again. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013
Linda B, Duty Manager at BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Danielle C.
We always appreciate the positive comments that we receive from guests and share these with our team who deserve a pat on the back for a job well done! We pride ourselves in helping make our guest’s experience a positive one and to consistently anticipate their needs, because it is the little things that make the difference.

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The service at this location is excellent, and the no charge breakfast that is provided is of quality and healthiness. The rooms are clean in spite of the age of this Hotel. Location is idea for me while on business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Linda B, Duty Manager at BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Brenda H,
I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the level of service provided by our staff. I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff and management team and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Let’s face it, Best Western is a known Budget Hotel/Motel chain. Recently the have impressed and even wowed me with some of there properties; this one did impress me (mostly).

When we pulled in the property looked fresh and new. The courtyard includes separate, newly built 3-storey unit, main building, Pub/Eatery (Flying Canoe [see me review]) and liquor store (we are teetotallers so no benefit). Parking up front is skimpy and fills up with Pub and Liquor store patrons but there is lots of parking around the rear and some is semi-covered.

The Lobby is up-beat and service is warm and friendly but not as efficient as I (just me) would like. My reason; I stayed on vouchers (a.k.a free) and while in the room after checking in I was called back to the front desk to resolve and issue with the vouchers; the number was rejected. When I arrived back at the front desk the clerk re-input the voucher number and “Hmm, it works now”. Great, but I would have liked it if you tried 3-5 time before calling me back like I was trying to dupe the hotel; again just me.

“Plus” – We were upgraded to a superior room. Reason, “Free-night might as well have the best room”. SAA-WEEET!

“Plus” – We received free breakfast coupons for the night we stayed; even though the rooms were free too. SAA-WEET!

“Plus” – The bed was very comfortable and the room clean, neat and the shower (no tub) was awesome (room for two)

“Plus” – Here is where great service exceeds good service. Both nights there were high school sport teams staying at the hotel. We were strategically place in the new, separate 3-storey unit away from the noise and bustle of the teams. Well, done!

“Almost Plus” – Breakfast buffet was fresh, cooked on-site but serving area was limited compared to the amount of customers that were there. Small point and it was free, saving us $25-30 for breakfast somewhere else.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new quiet and seperate tower. Away from High School sport teams.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda B, Duty Manager at BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Jason C.
We appreciate the positive comments that we receive from guests and share these with our staff who deserve a pat on the back for a job well done! We pride ourselves in helping make our guest’s experience a positive one and to consistently anticipate their needs, because it is the little things that make the difference.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A quick stop for just one night at the Westerly was a good enough experience. Price was a little high for what you get on a quiet Tuesday night in January. We stayed in the most newly-renovated wing; fairly nicely done. Not fancy but nicely done and well-equipped; coffee maker (with hot chocolate!), fridge, microwave, bathrobes. Nice big bathroom, good shower. We paid $15 more and got breakfast for 2 included in the restaurant which was well beyond a typical included continental breakfast. Shopping plaza across road with groceries, pizza, coffee, gas etc. Pub with nightly specials and liquor store onsite.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side have a view of Mount Washington on clear days. Stand-alone renovated w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda B, Duty Manager at BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Lisa W,
Thank-you for the taking the time to provide us with feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the Westerly Hotel in the future! If I can be of any assistance during your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me.
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

For the last two months I have been staying at this wonderful hotel for 3 nights each week. The staff are so friendly and accomodating. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Every one of my needs and concerns are taken care of ASAP and always with a smile. I have raved about this hotel to many people. I have a few more trips planned for beautiful Courtenay and would not even consider booking anywhere else. Cheers and Thank You for your consistent great service.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the courtyard, less traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Linda B, Duty Manager at BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Linda,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences at the Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre. We really appreciate your choosing our hotel, and also for recommending us to others! We often get great compliments on the outstanding service of our staff and it is always great when our guests comment on it. We look forward to seeing you again!
Linda Bigelow

Been to BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!