“Absolutely beautiful place with breathtaking views!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa

You added Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4330 Island Highway South, Courtenay, British Columbia V9N 9R9, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Courtenay
“Absolutely beautiful place with breathtaking views!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011 via mobile

I was able to stay here for a weekend and would go back in a heartbeat. The accommodation of our room was really cozy and renovated. The staff were extremely friendly and attentive to us. Highly recommend the hydropath in the sauna. Great value and so relaxing. This is a place to come and be pampered!!

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I've lived in Vancouver, BC almost all my life and I've only just found out about this lovely, quaint spot! Actually most people I asked had never heard of the Kingfisher resort, surprisingly!

Upon arrival, the front desk staff were very welcoming, pleasant and helpful. We were in an Ocean front suite (Chinook) with a patio and gorgeous view, would be lovely to sit out there in the summer I'm sure! The room was newly renovated, we were told, lovely, very comfortable and we both got our own resort robes to use! My friends stayed in the Grand Pacific suite, the best suite on the property, it had a jacuzzi in the middle of the room.......OMG! And the SPA...ahh...I can't say enough about the massaging, mineralization, destressing, incredible Hydro path treatment we had....wow a truly unique experience.....a must do when you go there! Although I did not participate in any other treatments, my friends who had a manicure and body massage were like butter when they came back to the suite.

We tried the room service which was surprisingly quick and the food was, again, truly scrumptious! The restaurant breakfast menu was also unique and delicious, although, the ambiance could be a little more cozier. I was a bit cold there, I guess because it happened to be quite a cold weekend and had snowed the day before we arrived. We also had experienced High tea, it was the first time they offered this.......it was nice...they asked us to offer suggestions which we did. Last but not least, the grounds were lovely, I wished we had made an effort to walk around but like I said earlier, it was a cold weekend so there wasn't a lot of outdoor walking. If I had more time there I would have gone snowboarding. There's Mt. Washington about 40mins. away, that had the most snow fall this season. I'm disappointed that didn't get a chance to experience that!!!

All in all, it was so much fun (because on my friends) and so devilishly soothing, I will definitely be back! Two thumbs up for the Kingfisher and the GM that made it so! -LW

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Back home from a two day visit at this resort and spa. Most relaxing two days I've every had. We will diffidently be back and for a longer stay. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. Our room extremely clean and comfortable with a breath taken view of the ocean with sunset and sunrise steps away from the beach. The Hydropath experience was the highlight of our stay. I can't wait to visit again this time in the summer.
Trev :-)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Went to the Kingfisher Inn for a little R&R with the girlfriend. Nice getaway from the hectic life of Vancouver. Pleasantly surprised at how beautiful a spot this is. Got a great beachfront room, definitely worth the extra expense. Rooms were spacious and modern, with a cozy fireplace. Loved waking up and being able to make a cup of coffee and beach comb right from the patio door. Spent an afternoon in the spa. Decided to go for the hydro water treatment, which was totally worth it. Never experienced anything like it before. Had two meals in their restaurant, was very impressed with the menu. Lots of choices and a reasonable selection of wines. Found the staff very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

From the moment we arrived, we were emersed in an environment of beauty and relaxation! From the super comfy beds with fluffy pillows, to the beautiful decor, useful and accessible amenities, very helpful and friendly staff, and amazing food- our trip was a 5 star! We will come back every year!

• Stayed January 2011
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

My 2 friends & I stayed at the Kingfisher over the New Years & had an amazing time! We stayed in one on the newly renovated room that over looked the beach & water. The Spa is so beautiful & alot bigger then you would think! We all had Pedicures & got to enjoy the Pacific Mist Hydropath. Girls at the Front Desk were very nice & helped us out locating everything in the Spa!
Food in the Restaurant was very good although it would be nice to see more Vegetarian options on the menu. If you are a Seafood lover then this is the Restaurant for you to eat at!
Would defiantly stay here & recommend it to others!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

I had visited the Kingfisher resort many times in the past when it was under the old management and had experienced a wonderful Vancouver Island jewel. I was returning for a sixth year and concerned that the experience might be slightly different or less impeccable as new ownership/management usually needs a little time to work out the transitition etc. Add to that a renovation and one might have lowered ones expectations. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. The new leadership at the Kingfisher has taken what was a grand experience in the past and elevated it to what a resort/spa experience is meant to be. Every hospitality point was hit whether it was the quality of the food in the restaurant which was exceptional to the level of service accompanying the food. Each department seemed to shine in ways the old Kingfisher did in a less consistent manner, where one area would be great and another so-so. The leadership must be doing something right. We were truly "pampered" from the front desk experience to the spa and we enjoyed a two day experience that was second to none. All of this against the backdrop of a property located against the most magnificent back drop in Western Canada. It is just breathtaking!!! The renovated rooms also were remarkable...the finer touches adding to the extra specialness of the stay. The General Manager needs some recognition as well as the new ownership for taking this gem and making it even shinier. We'll be back for sure and have already bragged to others we know who visited the KingFisher in the past. They've got to see what "new and improved" feels like!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!