“Sad News” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Sad News”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Sad to report that La Cabana has closed. Not sure of the issues, but certainly it was not the food or the staff's joy in serving. Sad to see you go, David and all.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Courtenay, Canada
“I think its gone under.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

They started as a taco stand in Campbell River - and it was fun. Then they opened a restaurant on the edge of town in a small mall. It didn't go. The servings were small, and over-all it was expensive (However I never tried the buffet).

Then they opened in a more central location and tried a lunch smorgasbord. When I went back after several months, lunch wasn't being served. Then nothing was being served. Too bad. It was better than "the other" Mexican restaurant.

Visited October 2012
“Mexico in courtenay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My ten year old daughter and i were driving through town...discussing our travel plans...i saw the sign and pulled in...we were warmly greeted and shown to a table by a fireplace in back...mexican music wss playing...pinatas hung from above..we were proptly served...looked over the menu...great selection of authentic dishes...and opted for queso fondanto...and guacomle...which was excellent...served with warm tortillas and fresh taco chips...the chorizo sausage added to the gooey cheese was great...lots of flavour without too much spice...we also received a SPICY salsa and a small traditional guacamole(thin...creamy)...too spicy for the kids.. my fouteen month old son sat in the highchair bobbing to the music and enjoyed the attention of the'mamma' who came from the kitchen to introduce herself...telling us where she and her husband were from...given it was a rainy wednessday...after lunch...she had time to do so....excellent food...great atmosphere..we will go back for the fri/sat buffet...after we return from our six weeks in mexico...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
tripletoes
“Reminded me of recent travels through Central America”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We just got back from traveling through Central America and the great food here brought me right back. We had the Azteca soup and the special that night. Both were amazing. I would eat here again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kootenays BC
“dont do it! save you money & go to tita's.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Decided to check out the other Mexican restaurant in Courtenay but this is a Mexicant!.I had been to Tita's a few days before , so I expected to find a similar product. That was a terrible assumption. the meat was dry. food was flavorless. ordered the margarita. it had a very strong chemical taste to it. the best part. the waitress was horrible, she did not know the menu. i could not eat the 1 taco I ordered and it came with 3.

Visited November 2012