“Dinner with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Courtenay
Description: Locals Restaurant in now located at the historic Old House along the river in the center of town. This 1937 Arts and Crafts era inspired homestead is the perfect location for the fine cuisine prepared by European trained chef, Ronald St. Pierre.
Nanaimo, Canada
“Dinner with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Fabulous atmosphere and decor. Great location on the same property as Old Hpuse hotel . Dinner and dessert was outstanding excellent service and great prices

Visited May 2014

Victoria BC Canada
“Fresh, Imaginative food in Courtenay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were staying at the Old House Inn and Spa - this restaurant is in between two parts of the Inn. They have a fixed price menu as well as al la carte and the food was truly delicious. I have food issues and the chef accommodated all of those very nicely.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Courtenay, Canada
“excellent always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

the food service and atmosphere is always exceptional, Chef St. Pierre's years of experience and training show in his menu and his staff; the single best restaurant in the Comox Valley

• Visited May 2013
Courtenay, Canada
“Just go there... WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was skeptical of Local's, especially after reading such great reviews. I've just moved to the valley and have gone out to a few restaurants and have been generally unimpressed. Local's has changed that! I went with my best friend for a nice dinner. We didn't have reservations but they fit us in on a busy Saturday night. They have a great little waiting area and served us coffee as we waited which was so nice of them! So far, pretty impressive service.
The building is beautiful inside and out. The server was so helpful, I wish I could remember her name so I could give her praise. She paired our meals with a superb wine, and was very knowledgeable with the menu. My fish was so juicy and perfectly cooked, the vegetables that came with it were so delicious! I could have continued eating it forever! The dessert was fantastic as well, and we finished our dinner so happy!
Some of the reviews on this site have remarked that Local's is on the expensive side. We were amazed at how reasonably priced this restaurant is, especially considering they buy locally. People need to get out of the valley here and find out that good food does cost a little more than a chain restaurant. Locals provides amazing food for a very good price and I personally think they undercharge. (I guess I'm just used to real city prices.) Go here if you want a memorable intimate dinner, or just some real delicious food!

• Visited April 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've eaten here over 25 times now and not once have i had a sub par experience. My only complaint is the wine list. It's local (which isn't always a good thing). Most people don't realize for a $20 corkage fee you can bring in a bottle of wine that works for you. Many thanks to the exceptional staff and ownership who make this restaurant so great.

• Visited April 2014