“Always a treat.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 120 Restaurants in Courtenay
Victoria, Canada
“Always a treat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Since I know nothing about authentic Vietnamese food, this place has me hooked on what they offer! I love the simplified menu, assured of my favourite when I remember 14C... vermicelli noodles on lettuce with cucumbers and shredded carrots, with a side of spring rolls. A huge portion makes for take away every time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Black Creek, Canada
“Never disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We regularly enjoy a meal here as the service is friendly and the food is delicious. There is a good selection but we love the A3 as it includes 2 spring rolls, a crunchy salad bowl with bean sprouts topped by grilled pork. We have also enjoyed the curried vegetable and chicken dish. It has recently closed for renovations and we are looking forward to visit it once again as soon as it reopens. It is very popular as the meals are reasonably priced and delicious. Great value and friendly service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Good food, decent price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't say their food is authentic Vietnamese food (ie. pineapple on grilled chicken on rice #16 with a Thai chili sauce out of a bottle on top) but I always come back because the price isn't bad and the service is good... And honestly, this is the closest thing to a Vietnamese meal in the Valley. I am of Vietnamese decent and grew up in the lower mainland where there is an abundance of Great Vietnamese restaurants and this wouldn't fare well against those restaurants. However, it's an honest and small family run restaurant with a great owner and the food is tasty... Just not completely authentic in my opinion. The pho could use for some more beef and thicker tendon and I always judge a Vietnamese restaurant from this, first and foremost.

Side note: I come here almost weekly and will bring my friends from the mainland to try their food - and the general census is that it's decent!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Courtenay, Canada
“DONT FORGET TO BRING CASH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Awesome place in town! don't take visa or interact mind you! I have been orderig the salad roles and 14b for over 8 years now! can't get enough!

Visited July 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Amazing authentic Vietnamese food at a great price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went here ate one night for some pho. I was really impressed with the price of all their dishes. I could only try one but I got a pho soup and loved it. Great portion and great taste. My only complaint is that they only take cash. Screwed me up the first time I went there for food.

Give this place a shot if you like South East Asian food.

• Visited January 2013