“Big, satisfactory portions” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Fernie
“Big, satisfactory portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our family of three had dinner recently. Our son's pizza was pretty good - tons of cheese and he loved it (I can't believe he ate the whole thing). My wife's calamari was nicely done as well, well seasoned and cooked. My chicken souvlaki was alright - it was well seasoned but a little over cooked. However, most of everything else was just ok. The tzatziki was bland, the greek salad was bland, there was no option to sub potato for rice, the pita was stale. It was all fine, but not great. Desert was a disappointment - frozen cake and stale baklava.

And the service was just ok as well - we never waited too long for attention (and the food came pretty quickly) but some training would be great for the servers. One occasion, for example, I got the waitresses attention so I could ask for more water. She guessed what I was after on her way to the table, saying "Do you want some more water?" but then apparently decided to answer for me, and before I could reply, continued "No, you're okay..." then turned and headed for the kitchen... Well, yes, actually, I DID want more water! Luckily she was back around just a few minutes later and I was able to get a refill.

Portions seemed to be quite pricey but when they arrived at the table, my concerns vanished. They were huge plates filled with food, and I think provided good value even if the bill wasn't tiny. The decor of the restaurant is very dated but from what I could see everything looked to be clean and tidy.

The meal was more than acceptable, but in the end, there is room for improvement. Some more seasoning to the food and some training for the wait staff would make a marked improvement. All that said, we might go back for another visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Will not return...as a guest or chef”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Some may feel the food is good but i have seen the kitchen...will not even eat free food at the APOLLO!!!!!!!! I am from a kitchen background in Vancouver with all my papers...it was nasty! Make sure you have tp if you eat there. Just in case cause i have seen the coolers and the food practices.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton
“awesome food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

this is one of my favorite places in cranbrook. great pizza there and good ambience in that restaurant. went with my wife and a friend that lives in cranbrook and she recommended it. she was right!

Visited September 2012
Coaldale, Canada
“Great value, delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We loved the food here! Very generous portions (especially of the tzatziki... yum!!) and the food was fabulous. The service was slow, but more than worth the wait! Would definitely eat here again.

Visited August 2012
Cranbrook, Canada
“Authentic greek”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Good service good food. A little basic & not much atmosphere. I enjoyed my meal but I was on my own & in a hurry.

Visited June 2012