“nice but not worth the money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Three Bars Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cranbrook
Three Bars Guest Ranch
Save Saved
You added Three Bars Guest Ranch to your Saves list
9500 Wycliffe Perry Cr. Rd., Cranbrook, British Columbia V1C 7C7, Canada   |
London, United Kingdom
“nice but not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

My family of four and I stayed here during our 3 week trip around Canada. The three bars ranch is like a real ranch and the highlight of our stay was DEFINITELY the horse riding, which we did around 4 hours daily. The rooms were nice and comfortable, with enough space for everything, yet the rooms were basic. The food was average, and it was all a bt bland other than the BBQ we had one night. For the kids, there were lots of daily activities on offer and it was in general child friendly. For the amount of money paid, I would expect something a bit more special, however the horse riding was fantastic and you really got to know the character of your personal horse (mine was Sage for anyone who goes, he's a real character!)

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I visited Three Bars in May 2012. It was always my dream vacation that I never got around to until this year. I must say, it was wonderful. Everything was excellent: people,food,horses,extra activities. Definitely will return. Only piece of advice I could give a new guest would be to save some food on the last day if you have to catch a later flight because lunch isn't included on your last day, and the resaurant is not open at the Cranbrook airport. My only regret is flying on an empty stomach with alot of turbulence, not a happy day for the 2 of us leaving the ranch that day.
The other girl didn't have much time to eat in Calgary either before she had to catch a flight to Germany. So, just be aware of your flight schedule and grab some food for your last travel day.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Seventh time returning to Three Bars since 2003. Part of me does not want to share my love for this place with others but fairness dictates another stonking review. Returning with my wife and two sons (23 & 20) always makes me nervous because all our visits have been so good, but yet again we slipped into life on the ranch and had a ball.
This years wrangling crew (led by local legend Don Wallace) were the best ever and our thanks go out to all of them for their fun attitude and obvious skills. We only ride at Three Bars and so their encouragement and confidence building is essential. As ever we encountered a diverse group of interesting/entertaining guests who made our stay excellent but I reserve my highest praise for the manner in which the Beckley family maintain and improve Three Bars on an annual basis. The cabins remain comfortable and well serviced, the food was again excellent, the activity programme beyond riding is both varied and challenging, there is some world class golf on the doorstep for those who are interested and my only complaint is that it is always over far too quickly.
Coming from Northern Ireland we have no true western ties but always enjoy being seven day cowboys. For a fun vacation that offers outdoor adventure and excitement I have never found a better location. Already planning our 8th visit in 2013 so don't book until we have sorted our dates.
To April, Jeff, Tyler, Jenna, Jesse, Dee, Chase, Mya, Don and the entire crew, thanks again for a brilliant stay.
Martin McDowell, Belfast, Northern Ireland

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I loved our stay at Three Bars. From beginning to end we were well taken care of by the wranglers, staff and the Beckley family. They were all very warm, welcoming and really cared that you had a great time while at the ranch. The riding was some of the most beautiful we have ever done and the horses were used to both experienced and inexperienced riders. They also had so much more than riding available to those that didn't want to ride 24/7. My son especially enjoyed the wonderful fishing close by and the skeet shooting. The rafting was also a favorite for all of us. Hated to say goodbye to Tyler and everyone at Three Bars but we will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Aubrey, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The ranch is located in a beautiful part of British Columbia, just a short 4 hour drive from Spokane International. The riding is diverse and takes you to spectacular vistas, but if you aren't into riding, you won't feel left out as the range of other activities seems limitless. The river rafting is an absolute blast covering some of the most beautiful mountain vistas you'll find anywhere. The water gun fights between the rafts are an absolute hoot. Fishing opportunities abound, and if you're not too tired from the water sports, the ATV trails will put a megawatt grin on your face. Skeet shooting, target shooting, archery, volleyball, and the firetruck games (you'll just have to go see it for yourself...) round out a full week of activities on a beautifully manicured ranch. The accommodations are rustic and very comfortable. An indoor heated pool and undercover jacuzzi are a great way to unwind at the end of a long day of trail riding and activities. The kids will enjoy the petting zoo, too.

The food is well repaired, plentiful and the deserts to die for, could have just eaten deserts all week. The Beckley Family makes this a welcoming place for all, and the range of guests, from Canada, the U.S. and countries around the world, and the Aussie Wranglers (!) give it an international flavor. You will feel like you're home the minute you settle into your cabin. And there is even a Tim Horton's just 10 minutes away!

Room Tip: All the cabins face and surround a central courtyard area, so everything is within walking distance...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The whole experience of Three Bars was wonderful for my friend and I. From start to finish, the guest services were great - very friendly and approachable. The cabins were clean and comfortable. The horses and riding were the highpoint of our stay. The last full day ride with loping was such fun. As English riders, we really enjoyed the Western riding experience. The scenery is unbelievable. The community atmosphere amongst the guests is a really nice aspect of one's stay at Three Bars. It was a great way to get to know people from other parts of the world. I'll certainly be back and hope to bring others with me!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dorking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I visited the ranch with my husband (a non-rider) and daughter and we all loved it. The welcome is genuinely warm and the setting is beautiful. The riding felt very safe in Western saddles and even our non-rider discovered his inner cowboy! The trail rides take you through some stunning scenery and then back at the ranch the hot-tub and pool sooth any aching muscles before a delicious dinner! Families of all ages are well catered for and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Added activities range from white-water-rafting to archery but for us, the riding out and relaxing was more than enough!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Three Bars Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!