“Excellent sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Nelson
“Excellent sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The fish is fresh and menu choices are wide. The staff and owner are friendly and accomodating. Try the Kim Chee, very good!

Visited July 2012

Cranbrook, Canada
“BEST SUSHI IN CRANBROOK!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Sushi is my favorite food and I am picky. I have been to Sakura dozens of times and every time I go, it has been consistently excellent. The rice is always cooked to perfection and the service is always quick. A bit pricey though, I would probly go more if the prices were lowered.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fernie, Canada
“Glad we found this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We went here for the second time today and loved every bite we had here. Originally from Vancouver, we've had plenty of good Japanese food and Sakura is the best in the area. If we want Japanese, we drive 1 hour from Fernie to eat here and won't have any other way.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edson, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised by the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I ate here with my mother, it was her second time eating sushi. She loved her seaweed salad, which was quite good (I tried it). The vegetable roll I had (something about green, I'm sorry I can't remember) was good but wasn't good with the standard soy/wasabi. Luckily, we'd ordered tempura and the vegetable roll went really well with the sweet tempura dip.

I was surprised to have such good sushi available in Cranbrook. They had your standard sushi fare and it was very good- comparable to the sushi at Maki Maki (my standard sushi joint in Edmonton).

The atmosphere was nice, the tables were very private. We sat in a booth by the window which was a cool spot but there was a heater in the window sill. I think Sakura means cherry blossom and the restaurant was painted with them- a nice touch.

One issue: The service wasn't the best. There seemed to be buttons to press for service. We didn't use them but maybe we should have.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cranbrook, Canada
“Expensive but Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I fell in love with their specialty spicy tuna roll 'Hot Night' or Hot Date'...fabulous. I do always feel it is pricey for what you get though. I don't leave feeling I got a great meal for a great price, but am always thrilled with the food itself.

• Visited January 2012