“More Than Expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre

You added Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre to your Saves list
Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   209 Van Horne St. S., Cranbrook, British Columbia V1C 6R9, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“More Than Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Prestige Hotel and Resort in Cranbrook is far more than we expected. What a lovely surprise to find such a gem right on the highway. We were so fortunate to find that they had a lovely room available without a reservation and also to get a reduced rate because we have a BCAA membership

Upon entering the lobby we knew it was more than what we expected. This hotel has all the amenities and the room is spacious and veer relaxing

Will definitely use this hotel again when passing through this area and highly recommend it to fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Don't forget to mention your BCAA membership if you have one for a better ratevh
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation and compliments! I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay and you are looking forward to returning. I hope on your next visit you have some time to really explore the city and experience it as the “Sunniest place in BC”. With a rich historical background, unique local attractions and activities, Cranbrook is a great place to enjoy what makes the Kootenays so special. We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Spent a few hours this afternoon watching the Master's at Ric's Grill. Great Wings albeit a tad on the small side, fantastic Nachos and perfect service from Stephen Kadam, the manager. Will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for posting your review of Ric`s Lounge & Grill. I will pass your compliments on to our restaurant team as I know that they will appreciate your endorsement and comments!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel service was great. One star deducted for not carrying enough small items that travellers tend to forget. Restaurant breakfast service was very much improved with different staff from when i was last there. More attentive to customers and shorter waits. Good job.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your compliments! I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your stay. We value the feedback from each guest and as you have seen it is instrumental in improving our services and product. I will pass on your comments to our team and look forward to welcoming you back to Cranbrook!
Longview, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I travel frequently for work and play and I've not found a better hotel for the value. I always am greeted by friendly and professional staff, comfortable and clean rooms and walk out feeling like I underpaid. I recommend this hotel for any traveler who wants to bring home with them as they travel. I especially credit their management team for maintaining the property and meeting spaces, and anticipating the needs of their customers. When in the Cranbrook area, I would not even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Public Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. Your compliments and praise will truly be appreciated by our team in Cranbrook. They work very hard to ensure that our business guests have a restful and pleasant stay, and it is rewarding to hear your feedback. I will pass your comments on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
trail, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

this is a first class hotel......however whoever thought it was a good idea to build a hotel next to railway yard was not all there!!

if you are on the railway side the crashing of the trains goes all night. So get the highway side and you only then get the vibrations of the trains......feels like an earthquake but then realized it was the trains.

The rooms are very nice and coffee shop downstairs has great coffee.

Room Tip: Highway side....unless you love trains
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I am pleased you enjoyed your room and the coffee shop. Cranbrook has always been a thorough fare throughout our history. Many appreciate our location with its easy access to all there is to do and see in the area. For those train enthusiasts, we are located adjacent to the Canadian Museum of Rail Travel and you can stay in one of our John Huber Express Rail Car Suites. We hope on your next visit you can enjoy those experiences.
Burnaby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for two nights while on business. Staff were very friendly upon check-in and check-out. The room was a nice size, although the bar fridge was small. The room was clean; bed was comfortable. It was an average and non-event stay.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator and ice machine
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
It is always rewarding for us to know that we provided our guest with a comfortable and restful stay. Thank you for letting us know and we look forward to having you again on your next trip through Cranbrook.
Nanaimo,BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have to stay in a few different hotels for work and mostly I go for Best Western or Holiday Inn if I can as they are usually clean, central and offer free breakfast; great to grab a slice of toast, some fruit or a muffin to take for a snack. This time I went for the Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort in Cranbrook because from the name and the amenities it sounded like a great place.

When you arrive it has quite a nice facade, fountain outside and quite an impressive building. When you enter, the lobby looks very tired and dingy, it definitely needs a facelift. The rooms are very large which was a bonus but they have the tiniest fridge I have ever seen and it is on the floor so the door scrapes against the floor when you try to open it.

The beds are quite comfortable but the bedding is weird and very lumpy looking, not at all what I get at the Holiday Inn or Best Western both have lovely bedding.

I ordered room service one evening and came back from work the next evening to find the dishes still in the room exactly where I had left them.

One evening I thought I would go try the fitness centre which is advertised only to find out there is a $5 drop in fee.

Ric's restaurant served very good food.

All in all it was a good location but just average as far as anything else it fell short of the mark.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Guest feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you. I am happy you enjoyed your room and your pillowtop mattress. I have shared your concerns with our team and they working hard to ensure that the issues you experienced are being addressed promptly. I apologize that you were not aware that with a Prestige Loyalty Club Membership, which is free to join, the fee to the Athletic Club is waived. I hope that you will join us on your next travels through Cranbrook. We would be pleased to share with you our improvements.

Been to Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre? Share your experiences!