“Most Amazing Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Inn Cranbrook

Save Saved
You added Sandman Inn Cranbrook to your Saves list
Sandman Inn Cranbrook
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   405 Cranbrook St., Cranbrook, British Columbia V1C 3R5, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 17 hotels in Cranbrook
“Most Amazing Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at the Sandman for 3 nights on a business trip, the manager and staff accommodated me with microwave, fridge, and kitchenette. I work evenings and slept all day, I never woke up to any disturbances or noises. The entire staff (day and night)was so nice and polite. They allowed me use of their fax machine, free Wi-fi. The room, hallways and lobby were very clean and smelled fresh at all times. The hotel has many restaurants within walking distance, and Denny's is located in the hotel and open 24 hours, the staff there was also very nice. The food was great. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, and I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thanks for staying with us and for your review. I am happy to hear that your sleep was not disturbed even though you slept during the day. We like to be aware of our guests who work night shift, so that we can respect their level of comfort. The complimentary Wi-Fi is a plus and we are glad you could make use of our fax machine. Having a 24-hour on site Denny's is definitely a bonus, as well as our proximity to other dining establishments. Hopefully, you will pay us a return visit and thank you for recommending our property.

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Beautiful BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Overall an EXCELLENT stay! From reservation, to check-in, to room, to check-out, the experience was exceptional! This property is pet friendly, and the staff are VERY people-friendly! HIGHLY recommended as a clean, quiet, comfortable, and convenient location!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to tell us what an excellent stay you had at the Sandman Inn Cranbrook -- from start to finish. We take pride in extending service in excellence to our guests and strive to exceed guest expectations. Also, we find that our pet loving guests really appreciate the fact that we are pet friendly. We hope to see you, again.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sandman Hotel in Cranbrook for 3 weeks as he was working nearby. The staff at this hotel were truly amazing. They were incredibly honest, hospitable, friendly and helpful. From helping us get whatever we needed to giving us incredible fishing tips in the surrounding area. I have traveled extensively throughout Canada and the world and have realized that it is one thing to have a roof over your head and a clean bed, but to have the staff like the ones at Sandman in Cranbrook is what truly makes the great memory last. I suggest this hotel to all those who are traveling throughout Cranbrook.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Carol,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We definitely endeavour to exceed guest expectations at the Sandman Inn Cranbrook and your positive review has helped validate our efforts. I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay here, as I realize that living in a hotel for three weeks can be a challenge at times. So, thank you once again for your comments and your willingness to recommend us to the traveller.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Sandman after our overnight plans had changed and we needed a place to stay. The staff at Sandman were welcoming, super friendly, helpful and went above and beyond in making our stay a pleasant one. The room was clean and neat, a great deal for the price. We ended our stay with a breakfast at Denny's which is conveniently attached to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us and your review outlining that we have a friendly helpful staff. Feed back on our service level is always welcome in any form. Also, our housekeeping staff strive to make the rooms and public areas clean and neat. In addition I am happy that you found our property a great value for the price. Also, having a 24-hour on-site Denny's is a bonus according to many of our guests.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

When my wife and I drove into Canada, the Canadian border patrol created a bad taste in our mouth for their scowls, aloofness and officiousness. The scene was way different when we arrived at the Sandman. The staff was welcoming, polite and helpful. The rooms were clean and neat. That evening I put my American currency in a plastic bag and put Canadian cash in my wallet. I thought I put the bag in a pocket of my suitcase. The next week, when we were returning to the US, I looked for the US cash and could not find it. When we crossed the border, I turned on my cell the were multiple messages from the Sandman, saying they had found my cash and where should they send it. I have stayed in many places and lost a few things over the years. This sort of integrity is very rare.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Your review is greatly appreciated, as we pride ourselves in providing excellence in customer services and strive to exceed guest expectations. On discovering that you had left money behind, the housekeeper who found it, immediately brought the cash to me. I kept it in in safekeeping and as you say in your review, you received multiple messages stating that your money had been found in the room you occupied and to please call us with instructions on how to return it to you. I am glad that things worked out for you and we hope to see you again if you are ever visiting in our area.

Regards
Sandman Inn Cranbrook
Windermere, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed at the Sandman for a soccer tournament. The rooms were clean and worked very well for us. It was great to let our teenagers go to the attached Denny's and eat with their team independently. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us as part of a soccer group. The convenience of Denny's is a plus. Also, our staff strives to be friendly and helpful. We do appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on another occasion.

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I think I may have been unfortunate enough to get a room that is much less desirable than others. It needed incredible updating, the bedding was old and had a torn blanket, the curtains just felt dirty and dark and the airconditioner was aimed right at the bed. I looked over the dumpster and dirt parking lot behind the hotel and the bathroom, although clean, was incredibly tight and I was there by myself. I was in room 110, avoid it. It was one of those rooms that you remove the bedding and examine it to make sure you aren't sharing it with any unwanted little guests.....I see others on here had better experiences. I travel for business for a living and I am glad I was only here for one night. My typical price range is $100-$140/night for hotels and I like a clean mid range place to stay, age of the property does not bother me but the quality of the bedding and dirty feel does!! This room was $60-$80 at best, especially with no breakfast included.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I always appreciate guest comments positive or negative. The negative ones certainly give us an opportunity to improve matters in areas that may be lacking. Although our bedspreads are not of a modern design, they are clean and comfortable. On further investigation, the blanket in you room did have a hole in it and has been promptly replaced. Thanks for the feedback, as it enabled us to correct a situation. When personally inspecting the drapes, I found them to be clean. Thanks for you comments on the clean bathroom. Yes, the bathroom is small and that is why the sink and mirror area are conveniently located in a separate area. My belief in studying our competition's rate is that we are in line with our prices. Unfortunately, the room you had is located beside a large vacant unpaved parking lot. We have plenty of other room that do not contain this view. Again, I appreciate your comments and welcome any traveller who wishes to stay with us, so they can experience our fine property that strives to exceed customer's expectations.

Been to Sandman Inn Cranbrook? Share your experiences!