“Alright Hotel - Staff not the best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Inn

You added Heritage Inn to your Saves list
Heritage Inn
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   803 Cranbrook Street, Cranbrook, British Columbia V1C 3S2, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Cranbrook B&B and Inns
Banff National Park, Canada
“Alright Hotel - Staff not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've stayed at the heritage inn twice over the last month. Like a lot of people say, the breakfast is good - it's a plated breakfast, not a dingy buffett. It would be nice if they offered a lighter contential option though.

This is an older hotel, so it's not all crisp and new but that doesn't bother me. I don't agree with the sentiment that it's dirty, it's just a bit older building. The pool area also is older but I found it clean enough. Had a nice swim and soak there.

My last stay I did deal with some issues with the staff. When I arrived, I had no internet in my room. I called the front desk and basically got the response "Well there is nothing I can do about it." That girl's name was Amber. The following morning I tried again, and once again, no connection. This time I talked to Debbie at the front desk - again got the response "Well there is nothing I can do." I worked at my table while eating breakfast because internet was available in the cafe. Finally on morning two, I mentioned it to the lady at the desk who was faxing something for me. She finally responded how I'd expect hospitality staff to respond "Let me look into it." She called her repair guy, he said he would reset the router - viola upon coming back that night I had internet. It wasn't a huge deal but I don't appreciate being sluffed by the staff. Upon check out (I think it was Debbie again) I was going to mention my complaint, but didn't even get a "How was your stay?" just "Are you leaving this on your credit card?" and a receipt. So here is my complaint for the world to see.

Won't stay again because if I have problems I expect the hotel to at least attempt to accomodate me. They shold review hospitality basics with their staff like saying "How was your stay?" so people have a chance to voice concerns.

Room Tip: It's noisy all along the strip in cranbrook.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments on your recent stay with us. I was very bothered to hear the responses you received, from some of the staff, regarding your internet problem. This does not comply with our hotel standards or with proper customer service. I have dealt with this and am reviewing policy with all front desk staff. In addition, I have asked my maintenance staff to complete a review on our wireless internet.
I truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and do hope that you will give us another try when you are next in Cranbrook. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to upgrade your stay.

Regards,

Collin Johnston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nelson, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed at the Heritage Inn in Cranbrook Last weekend, what a horrible experience.
We were traveling with my sons hockey team for a tournament there in Cranbrook. From the outside this place that should have been a sign. It is very run down, and has a very poor outward appearance.
For starters when we checked in, they put a $300 deposit charge onto my credit card, and everybody on the teams. That had not happened since the 1990's for me, and when I asked why, they said, "That's what we do, in case you ruin the room" which, I found sort of absurd, I was traveling with my 10 year old son, and his team, I am not in the habit of "ruining hotel rooms". The front desk person was also very snotty, acted offended that I even asked.
I went up to my room, 308. and it was very shabby, and just felt dirty. The carpet was dirty and dingy. The beds had big dips in them. The A/C was like going back in time to the 1970's and it only blew out warm air, no matter how much we turned it to cool.
I asked about dinner recommendations, and the front desk woman would not give any, aside from their in-house pasta bar, which was over $20 dollars a person. She did not seem very forthcoming on her city, nor did she want to give out any helpful information.
A few other of the teammates parents were also extremely disappointed, and found their rooms to be filthy, one had dirty socks in the desk drawer, another had empty beer bottles under the bed, another had a filthy bathtub. The area under the sink in my bathroom looked as though it had not been cleaned in months.
The only thing this place had going for it, was it was centrally located to the hockey rinks, and the free breakfast was fast, and pretty good.

It was also super expensive. Two nights was $223.00. I've stayed in a lot better places for way less, and been very pleased. I travel regularly with my sons for hockey, and this one I will never visit again.

Room Tip: Don't choose this place!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was very distressed to read your review of your recent stay with us. Please accept my apology and assurance that all your comments are being addressed. I have policies and procedures in place to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and will be reviewing these with each and every department.
The preauthorization on your credit card is a standard procedure in the hospitality industry and is only put through as a completed transaction upon your departure, if need be. This would be used to cover any additional charges during your stay, like room service or phone charges. This was obviously not explained to you in the correct manner and I am sorry, this error in communication, caused you undo stress.
I have scheduled renovations to our guest rooms and am reviewing exterior improvements as well.
It is my goal to ensure that each guest has a positive experience with us here at the Heritage Inn, and once again, I am truly sorry that we did not provide that. I hope that you may reconsider staying with us in the future and ask that you contact me directly. I will do my best to provide you with an upgrade to your room and a pleasant and restful stay.

Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed there in July, and although the room itself was nothing remarkable, a bit dingy, but adequate it served well as a place to rest on a long road trip. The staff was amiable, and the breakfast was awsome. I was expecting maybe a small 'continental' and it turned out to be one of the best we had on the whole trip.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
Your comments regarding your stay this past summer are much appreciated. I realize that some of our guest rooms are in need of an update and have scheduled room renovations for later this year.
The Skylight Restaurant serves an excellent breakfast and we are very proud to be able to offer this to our overnight guests. I am so happy that you enjoyed it and thank you for your compliment on both the staff and your meal experience.
I hope to welcome you back again on your next “long road trip”.

Colin N Johnston
Cranbrook, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Loved our stay! Friendly staff! Amazing Sunday Brunch!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your business and value your comments. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast in the Skylight Restaurant. Our Sunday Brunch is a big favourite for both our guests and the local community. I have passed your compliments along to our staff and our management team. Guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal and it is always wonderful to receive this type of confirmation. Thank you.
I would love to welcome you back to the Heritage Inn should you find yourself, once again, in the Cranbrook area.

Sincerely
Colin N Johnston
General Manager.
Grand Forks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

For an older hotel on the strip , this place is fine. Like a lot of places these days it seemed a bit steep. Rooms are adequate but somewhat dated (no flatscreens here!!). Best feature was hot breakfast including coffee and juice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest from hwy.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear Canuck 411,

Thank you for your comments and your recent business.
We do strive to offer our guests a pleasant and comfortable stay at a reasonable price, and we acknowledge your comment that the rate seemed “a bit steep”. We have passed this along to our Sales and Marketing division for a review of rates to ensure we are meeting our guest’s needs. Renovations in some of our guestrooms are scheduled for this year and will continue on a regular basis.
As you noted, one of the additional services we offer is a free hot breakfast complimentary with every stay. This is a service that we are pleased to provide and that many patrons come to enjoy again and again. We are glad that you too enjoyed your meal.
Should you find yourself in the Cranbrook area again, we do hope that you will once more choose the Heritage Inn and come to see some of the renovations that we are undertaking in 2012.

Regards,

Lister, British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

This hotel was a pleasant surprise since the reviews were so bad - I booked before I read reviews. Room was newly renovated and very clean with a small couch and coffee table. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We ate in the restaurant for the whole time as breakfast was included and senior's ate for $11.00 for all inclusive dinner. Selection was top rate and delicious. Will stay again when in Cranbrook. The cost for 2 people was $95.00

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room up 1/2 flight of stairs.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your most recent stay at the Cranbrook Heritage Inn. We have shared you positive review with the hotel staff and the entire team found your comments to be very gratifying.
We truly look forward to having you back as our customer in the near future.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is an OK hotel. We were put off by the fact that it had no lift and we had to haul our cases up a flight of stairs. The rooms were clean and OK. The room we had was at the back of the hotel and there was a lot of noise. Strangely enough our friends had a room looking out onto the main road and they did not have much noise at all! The breakfast was included and was very good. The lady in charge topped everything up as soon as it was empty and she was very helpful indeed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Heritage Inn.
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your complimentary breakfast and the service our restaurant staff provided. We are, however, sorry that we didn’t have rooms left on our main floor to offer you. If you do choose to come back to Cranbrook and would like to stay with us again, I will personally ensure that you are offered a main floor room facing the main strip. Please contact me directly.
We are committed to providing customer satisfaction and appreciate your comments on all levels. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Collin Johnston

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!