“The waitress was rushed, so the service was slow” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 50 Restaurants in Golden
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Houston, Texas
“The waitress was rushed, so the service was slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This cute diner has all the trappings to being a really great place to eat, but our experience was somewhat spoiled by the time we had to wait for our food (about 40 minutes). Furthermore, our daughter, who ordered the same burger as I did, got her food 15 minutes later (we think her order went to the wrong table). The food was pretty good, but again the waiting spoiled things.

Visited July 2014

Toronto
“Ok breakfast!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Lots of food but nothing special here. Just your typical breakfast place.

The bread was better than most :)

Visited July 2014
Abbotsford, Canada
“very poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

it took 20 minutes to get our drinks. we watched other peoples food sit at the pass for over 10 minutes. when the food arrived 2 plates came out first and had to wait 10 more minutes for the third. Fries were cold...beef dip bun was a small hotdog bun...
no drink refills.
would never go back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great 50s Style Diner. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had a perfect diner experience here today. Picked it out of the strip of franchises because it was an independent. Full on 50s diner decor.

Very good service indeed. Huge cold ice cream based shakes. Good burgers and nice salads and other accompaniments. No greasy nonsense here. Good coffee topped up routinely.

Really genuine pleased to serve you experience.

Washrooms so clean we actually hesitated as we entered them.

Just about able to waddle back to the car and barely able to fit behind the wheel. 44 dollars for three.

Locals, truckers and tourists all there and all happy. Need I say more.

Golden, Canada
“Worst Experience EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

After arriving in Golden on Thursday, June 12th 2014, I decided to show my friends this dinner I used to enjoy years and years ago when I was in Golden prior. This was the biggest regret I could of imagined. I am one of the most patient people, but when it came down to the customer service. I will NEVER recommend this place to anybody. Nobody should experience a place like this. A friend, my girlfriend and myself went in and ordered. I got the burger and fries, my friend the friend chicken dinner and my girlfriend the fish and chips. Service was great up until this point. 1st mistake they made was bringing somebody else's fish and chips for my girlfriend (which looked like a fossil to begin with! YUM 10 MINUTE DEEP FRY!) which was not a huge issue until the rest of our food took 20 minutes or so to come. My burger than finally came where I than decided to wait for my friends fried chicken dinner. At this point, no apology, no drink refills at all or even an offer, and our waitress literally didn't come back until the chicken dinner was ready 15 minutes after my burger. At this point, we decided to just take the bill because we were not going to sit and watch each other eat anymore. I honestly didn't know if it was something against us as a table, or why the service was so bad. So when I asked for the check, they gave us the check with not even a total on it. I than asked for the total of the bill, and she went and calculated my total for the burger?! WHAT IS GOING ON!?!! So after this service, I didn't care about a discount (which was not offered at all), All I wanted to do was communicate with the owners how my service was so this would not happen again to anybody else. To my surprise, the manager goes on telling me this is her first complaint and she is a good girl and all of this. When I decided to tell her about exactly what happened to make our service bad, she went and got this girl where she began to argue with us saying she came out and offered me a refill (but we all turned them down?). At this point, like I said it was not about the money it was about the bigger picture of customer service because I do understand things happen. However I expect the manager to stand behind the guest experience and to ensure their return. They did not care if anybody came back! When this place switched owners, clearly the people they brought in only watch each others back and do not care about how the customer feels about anything. If you do go to Golden, BC. Please, Please, Please go to another place other than this place. Wolfs Den, 1122, Apostoles Greek restaurant. These places will give you 100% way better experience for you than Legends. I would rather go to McDonald's or even to the grocery store to hold myself over. Please do not make the same mistake as I and many others have. Just trying to make sure this doesn't happen again and maybe they will change their service one day.

Visited June 2014