“FAST and EFFICENT” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 51 Restaurants in Golden
Calgary, Canada
“FAST and EFFICENT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stopped in at this A&W for breakfast on the way to Westbank and then again upon our return two weeks later. Breakfast is very good for a fast food place. Eggs, bacon, toast and coffee. Reasonably priced if you compare it to some other restaurants. The staff was extremely busy but took the time to be friendly with everyone that came through the doors especially on our way home. One staff member was literally on the run. We asked that they fill our travel mugs and when i was about to pay for the coffee the staff member asked if we had breakfast there. When I replied "yes", she said the "refill" was free. How many places give you a free anything?? Our favourite when travelling through Golden.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nanaimo, Canada
“Check Your Order”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have eaten several times at this location, and NOT ONCE have they got the order correct. Two times ago they put cheese in a burger ordered without. This time we ordered onion rings and received fries. I did not realize this until I got back to the hotel. When I returned the fries, the clerk asked, "What?, don't you like fries?". Draw your own conclusions...

Visited July 2014
Pecatu, Indonesia
“Poor Place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Only the second time I had been in an A & W as not really a fan of fast food places. This was a perfect example of why I steer clear of them. Called in About 8 pm on a Monday evening so not at the dead end of the day, on a trip from Kelowna to Edmonton. The was about as welcoming as bears cave. It was dreary not very clean and the staff were about as interested in us as I would be in ????? well put your own ideas here. Anyway as my partner had had a Chicken burger thing at an AW in Edmonton I ordered that. It was OK. Really not much worse than I expected, but I was hungry so ate it. Probably won't go to one of these again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Thouroughly let down.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stopped at this A&W wanting some good, fresh Chubby Chicken but instead had to suffer through a 15 minute wait to get this disgusting dry and cold chicken. My sister decided on having a burger and was given an undercooked rubbery patty on a soggy bun. I am NOT impressed and never again will I return to that location. The service was super slow and the cashier was extremely sassy. I hope if you come across the review before eating you change your mind and go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent service on the long weekend.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

So after a long road trip we decided to try going to this A&W for supper instead of another clown type resteraunt.

I was skeptical after the trip advisor reviews but I was pleasently suprised. The place was being hit hard (long weekend rush) and they had all the tills going. A manager was also running back and forth helping complete orders at all of the tills. We were able to upgrade our coupon to include rings (unlike at the Rosetown A&W) and we had no issues with our special ordered burgers (no sauce/ketchup).

Our food was super hot, on spec for order, and arrived quickly even though the place was super busy.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 is the place was a bit dirty (bathrooms/lobby). However, they were keeping up with filling things like the ketchup dispensor. Considering how busy the place was they were doing an awesome job! :)

I'd go back.