“For the price it's just ok for one night.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mary's Motel

You added Mary's Motel to your Saves list
Mary's Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   603 8th Avenue North, Golden, British Columbia V0A 1H0, Canada   |
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Golden
“For the price it's just ok for one night.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011 via mobile

Older Motel and you get what you pay for. Just adequately clean.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011 via mobile

I stayed there for 3 nights during the summer and it was well worth it. The rooms were decently priced and it was very clean. It is an older hotel but renovated nicely. Located right off downtown so perfect place to stay if you would like to walk around. The hotel is under new management and looks much different then the last time I stayed there. They have made some great changes and I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2011
home
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011 via mobile

Reasonable rate, nothing special if you're looking for an overnight spot.

One of the 2 hot tubs was out of service and the other was indoors in a room so hot we decided against it.

The room was barely clean, we paid $80 for a double

• Stayed September 2011
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Stayed here for one night as part of my ski trip through BC over the holdays.

A very shady place. The rooms carried an old musty odor. There were several spiders on the walls and lamp shades (in December!?). The beds were old and uncomfortable. The room was very cold - even with the heating on high all night. The internet was very slow. That being said, it was very cheap compared to the other places I stayed at and the location is quite good - close to the strip of restaurants, cafe's, shops, and grocery store.

I would recommend this place only to people who are out there to ski/snowmobile/snowboard/hike/bike/etc. Not a place for family, couples or anyone looking for comfort/luxury.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I went to Mary's motel with my husband and two children, one child was small and just crawling then. We walked around for 20 mins before we realized our feet were completely black. Baby's knee's and palms too. I was disgusted a bit and worried about having the little one there being so close to the floor. I then looked over at my youngest who was being very quiet, thats when you know they found something curious. I look down only to see a DIRTY DRIPPING condom in her hands as she was about to put it in her mouth!!! i'm so angry until this day about it, if she were ever to have put it in her mouth as all small ones tend to do. Who knows what could have happened. I told the owner about it and he did nothing!! the next morning my family and I decided we would not stay there anymore for the duration of our trip. We went to make coffee and only found 4 sugars which was not enough for him and I. We went to the office to ask for more and he refused to give it to us because the room service provided enough when she prepared our room. I have stayed in many of motels in my life, a lot and not the best but never have i experienced this in my life!!! almost killed my baby.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

price was 89 dollars. The mattresses for the beds were terrible compared to other 89 dollar motels where they used sealy's etc. Was really disappointed with the beds. It was a kitchen suite but the fridge was unplugged. I plugged it in and it didn't work. It was a non smoking room but situated atop a smoking room. Had it been my motel I would have put smoking rooms on the bottom or separated them so they couldn't effect one another. Decent bathtub. Decent sound proofing so room was quiet. the motel lobby was clean which was a decent sign. I never did get to use the indoor facility's. My main beef was that it was not near the main highway and I needed a map and directions to find it [there directions of turn left at soby's were useless as I couldn't see the postage stamp sized sign for soby's from the highway. I had also asked for a one bed room but got two beds. for 89 dollars it was ok but was below average for 89 dollar motels [depending on where you go]. The wifi was a joke and un useable. Wrapped glasses at sink were so dirty it was gross. Don't use the wrapped glasses without looking at them under light.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

I actually didn’t mind this place; it was pretty basic and not bad value – esp. if you have 3-4 in a room. I preferred this location to all the horrible hotels on the freeway. We were only here to Ski and really I can’t think that many tourists come for anything else. The town is a real old western town, with some good little pubs and restaurants, but nothing really special. The motel is a stones throw away from the supermarkets and a short walk to the ski bus, and has full cable TV and a pool. The old couple that run the motel are also very friendly.
It was a good stay but nothing special.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Mary's Motel? Share your experiences!