“Such potential, such a let down!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Edmonton
“Such potential, such a let down!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Well, I was looking forward to sample this rustic restaurant. Menu looked amazing, write up looked good. Headed down to golden and entered the "bar" football on all three 50 inch + tv's, loud rock music playing. I honestly could not believe the level of music... Asked if it could be turned down and was told that we could go up stairs, where there was no people and no atmosphere. We ventured back downstairs and had to put up with the noise. Asked for the childrens menu, was told they don't have one, however we can order a 13 dollar appetiser, which was three sliders! You can't just make one slider and fries and call it a kids meal??? So anyway after sitting for a while we evetually got our meal. Which I will say was ok, not great. Our glasses remained empty for the entire tinme we sat in the "nightclub" eating. I looked over at waiteresses who ignored me, I looked over at the bar with neon lit bar tenders, who also ignored me.
If this place got rid of the tv's, lowered the rock music it could be a great place with a wonderful atmosphere, however the taste and vision is not a rustic mountain restaurant at all.
Sorry but being honest.

Will not go again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Golden, Canada
“Great new place and awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

we went there on the wolfs den opening night the service was bit slow as expected on the opening day but overall great experience and great food. Well done Curt

• Visited December 2012