“The ONLY Pub / restaurant between Calgary and Kelowna worth stopping” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Grizzly Cookhouse - CLOSED

Golden Grizzly Cookhouse
1002 TransCanada Hwy 1., Golden, British Columbia, Canada
250-439-1833
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Canadian
“The ONLY Pub / restaurant between Calgary and Kelowna worth stopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stopping here for 4 years at least( not sure how long they have been open...) I've never had a bad meal- the staff and ownership care that the beer is the correct temperature ( I'm sure from a financial perspective it must be tempting to turn the temperature up on the coolers once in a while to save money) but it doesn't matter whether or not it's tourist season - it's always cold!!! Staff remembers you and always do the little things you would expect to make it as enjoyable as possible and make you feel like your a local .. Even when you reside 400 km away

Will always stop here .. Breaks up the 700 km just perfect !!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
anna h, Manager at Golden Grizzly Cookhouse, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind review, we appreciate you taking the time! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy our restaurant and look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Travels!

“If you have time to relax, this is the place for you.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stopped in and were excited about the pizza. I had read previous reviews stating how good it is...... We waited a long time for our drinks, my finances beer was empty twice for over 10 minutes. The food finally came out burnt and rock hard. I asked for a new one. She said they wouldn't charge is and when the new pizza came, it was amazing! The dough was perfect, the sauce was nice and the toppings were great. I asked for a create your own with chicken, onion and green peppers. I would definitely recommend the pizza. My fiancé got the grizzly chicken parm. It was okay. Nothing special. We were there for over an hour waiting for everything but I did return my pizza. We might go back. I'm happy they paid for my pizza and the server was really nice about it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
anna h, Manager at Golden Grizzly Cookhouse, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We would like to apologize for not being able to deliver a great experience. We thank you for being patient to allow us to correct the matter. We listen to all comments and are actively working to improve the quality of service we provide. We hope to see you again soon.
“You should stop here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We are here with our kids aged 5-14 when driving through to Salmon Arm. Staff exceptionally helpful with suggestions for kids and portion sizes. All kids loved their meals (pasta and ribs). They have a kids menu which we did not try but good to know it's there. My salad fresh and tasty. My husband said steak juicy and delicious. We don't often come away from a restaurant and everyone is happy but we did here

• 5 of 5 stars Food
anna h, Manager at Golden Grizzly Cookhouse, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and we appreciate that you took the time to write a review. We hope you have a wonderful holiday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
“Outstanding Pizza!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on our trip, and the food was great!! Best pizza I've ever eaten and when my son ordered something on the menu they had ran out of they comped his meal and gave us free dessert!! Oh, and the ceasars were mighty fine also!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
anna h, Manager at Golden Grizzly Cookhouse, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope you have a great trip and look forward to seeing you all on your way back. Happy travels!
Blaine, Washington
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a great meal here traveling through Canada. The food was well prepared and delicious. The service was friendly and informative. Our meals arrived quickly and hot. The restaurant has these black boards with items on their menu. They are fun to read. You can't go wrong stopping here for a meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
anna h, Manager at Golden Grizzly Cookhouse, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. Thank you very much for your kind review and we hope you had a great time while you were in Canada. Happy travels!