“beware first impressions” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Courtenay, Canada
“beware first impressions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We didn't find out the hot tub was out of order until after check in. Could not contact the on-site manager at midnight about the loud drunk two doors down and had to contact the police directly. When we talked to the manager the next morning about the terrible night we had to endure, they said it was too bad and to take any complaints to the rcmp. Would not give us the contact for the owner who they said lived in India. Stay away from this dump.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family's car broke down on a trip from Salmon Arm to Toronto. The management not only gave us a break on the room they went out of their to contact the local Uhaul dealer to see if he could come back to help us! They also let us stay after check out time at 11AM till after 3PM until our car was fixed. Amazing help when you are already facing an expensive trip.Thank you for all your help.

• Stayed June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We found the staff unfriendly at this place when we checked in. Room was very dark and rather uninviting but we must have been very tired since we nearly slept past check-out time. The person on duty that morning allowed us to stay another half hour but we ended up not needing it.

Room Tip: Can't think of one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I don't understand how this inn received so many very goods. It's not good. They say to not judge a book by its cover but do for this inn. What you see is what you get. I'm staying here because of a bus tour, not my choice. The inn is basic, I feel like we went in a time warp. This place had not changed since the eighties. Bed is alright. Shower could be better, I was able to take a hot shower. I usually don't use the top blanket in hotels and I wouldn't recommend it. But the blanket underneath isn't even a blanket, it looks like foam!

I am pretty sure the place was expensive. Went to the husky supermarket and one banana was $1. I live in ny and that is outrageous.

The good thing is they have bed protection for bedbugs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Apache Junction, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Debra and Thomas were the BEST! They showed you they cared and gave their undivided attention to our needs. Although the motel was near the TransCanada, the sound of traffic was minimal and the room was clean. If you want to feel at home, this is certainly the place to be! Thankyou again Deb and Thomas...you made the place feel comfortable. The only qualm is that a new ice machine which produces great ice would be welcomed out of the office so guests can use it when the doors are locked.
The name of the game is sleep.....really good mattresses help this happen. l hope the owners read this.

Room Tip: Top floor on TransCanada side are noisier than front facing rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Williams Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have to say my overall experience was great even though I was stuck in Golden overnight due to some troubles with a trailer I was hauling....Debra at the Pondersa Motel Inn was very helpful!! She made me and my kids feel at home and the service was excellent!! I reccomend anyone to stay there!! I always stay at this motel anytime I am in Golden....

Room Tip: I stayed in room 116, it was very clean and this motel is also pet friendly!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here whilst skiing and snowboarding at Kicking horse mountain resort and it was only $90 inc tax for a MASSIVE , very clean and extremely friendly service was a bonus. Great simply breakfast, hot tub and for 2 people you really could not do any better than this place! Very Spacious and great location. The bed was the most comfortable Ive ever slept on in a Motel and also smelt fresh.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ponderosa Motor Inn? Share your experiences!