This is pretty much your typical Best Western inn. Things I liked were:
1.Location. It is half a block South of the Trans-Canada highway, behind the slightly more upscale Prestige Inn. I heard no traffic noise from the semis on the Trans-Canada.
2.Room size: Above average, I'd say about 30% bigger than your normal Best Western room.
One nitpick: The hotel provides the bane of the 2 and 3-star accommodations -- the shrink-wrapped disposable cup. Not even the see-through plastic kind, but the waxed cardboard kind. How can you enjoy a cup of coffee, much less a glass of wine from one of those cups?
I thought the price pretty steep -- after a supposed AAA discount I still paid $314 for a single room for two nights, with no breakfast. But I guess if they can charge that much, I don't blame them.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mountainview Hotel Golden
- Best Western Mountainview Hotel
- Best Western Golden
- Golden Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant hotel situated off the Trans Canada Highway, 45 minutes west of Lake Louise. Spectacular mountain views. Deluxe family-size guestrooms, indoor heated swimming pool and guest laundry. Each guestroom features deluxe furnishings, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and board and pay-per-view movies. Close to National Parks, hiking, skiing, golfing, whitewater rafting, snowmobiling and heli-skiing. Sport and Lifestyle packages are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Mountainview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.