“Best rafting of the summer” 5 of 5 stars

$86*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Glacier Raft Company offers a variety of whitewater rafting on the Kicking Horse River in Golden, BC and scenic float trips on several rivers in the Columbia Valley. The Kicking Horse River is the ultimate whitewater rafting destination in the Rocky Mountains guaranteed to provide the thrill of a lifetime. Many of our guests return year after year because, as they know, no two runs down the Kicking Horse are ever the same! The Blaeberry River is a family rafting trip in Golden, BC. Follow the historic trading route of explorer David Thompson. This gentle river float is a scenic raft trip through the peaceful Blaeberry Valley in the Rocky Mountains. This class 1 - 2 glacial fed river meanders its way through high mountain peaks before entering an enchanting canyon of gentle curves and vertical rock walls. Watch for animals, birds and wildflowers as you help your guide navigate this two hour journey. We provide a light snack half way through the trip for you to enjoy while relaxing in the evening sun.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lethbridge, Canada
“Best rafting of the summer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This trip was not my first time rafting although it was my first time down the Kicking Horse River and with this company. I was not disappointed in the slightest. We were invited to sit and talk to our guides by a fire in the morning while we waited for all of the guests to show up and there was a fire waiting to warm us up when we got back again in the afternoon. They had the best rafting lunch I've ever had, with a selection of mains and so many sides and snacks that I couldn't take some of everything or I wouldn't fit in my wetsuit! The people were fantastic and funny, the food was fresh and delicious and the water was an amazing ride. We were worried because it was so late in the season (first week of Sept) that maybe we wouldn't get a super great trip out of it but we were very wrong!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

GlacierRaft, Manager at Glacier Raft Company - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! The rafting on the Horse was awesome right up until the very end, so we're very glad to hear you had such a wonderful day. Cheers!

Yellowknife, Canada
“AmaZing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had an awesome trip down the Kicking Horse River with Glacier Raft Company! The crew is so friendly, they aim to please and entertain. Loved every minute of it and even bought matching hoodies to remember it!

Thanks again guys!

Visited August 2013
It's great to hear you had such an enjoyable day with us and thanks so much for writing us a review. We'd love to see a picture of you in your matching hoodies if you ever take one :)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Rafting in Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went on 9-10-13. What a beautiful day! The group we were with were people we met at the Bar W Ranch. What a fun bunch. Our guide was absolutely great! Friendly, knowledgeable and funny. We had mostly Class 2 rapids. Very easy to navigate. The whole experience was very professional. I would HIGHLY recommend this company! And to top it off one of the girls with us, Sophie, not from the ranch, found out after the trip that she was granted her citizenship. That was just icing on top of an already delicious cake.

Clarkston, Michigan, United States
“Glacier Raft Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I sent started on the Scenic Float and ended up on the Ultimate Challenge. The guides were excellent, the scenery beautiful and rapids so much fun!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

We're glad you had so much fun and that you ended up spending a full day with us! Thank you for the review.
Regina, Canada
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

So much fun! I really was completely terrified and was "this close" to chickening out.
I had a malignant brain tumor when I was sixteen and since then have had issues with balance and strength on my left side. So the thought of being in rapids was not anywhere near the top of my list.
The guides were incredible! So helpful, hilarious, knowledgeable (and good looking). They really eased my nerves. The lunch was delicious and the variety was so great that it accommodated for all dietary types! I would go again in a heartbeat and would reccomend this company to anyone!

Visited July 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

We're so happy you did decide to join us, and that it turned out to be a great decision :)
Thank you so much for the great review and for posting the awesome pictures! Cheers