“What an Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 43 Activities in Golden
More attraction details
Owner description: Glacier Raft Company offers a variety of whitewater rafting on the Kicking Horse River in Golden, BC and scenic float trips on several rivers in the Columbia Valley. The Kicking Horse River is the ultimate whitewater rafting destination in the Rocky Mountains guaranteed to provide the thrill of a lifetime. Many of our guests return year after year because, as they know, no two runs down the Kicking Horse are ever the same! The Blaeberry River is a family rafting trip in Golden, BC. Follow the historic trading route of explorer David Thompson. This gentle river float is a scenic raft trip through the peaceful Blaeberry Valley in the Rocky Mountains. This class 1 - 2 glacial fed river meanders its way through high mountain peaks before entering an enchanting canyon of gentle curves and vertical rock walls. Watch for animals, birds and wildflowers as you help your guide navigate this two hour journey. We provide a light snack half way through the trip for you to enjoy while relaxing in the evening sun.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Kelowna, Canada
“What an Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I went with my wife and she can't swim well so she was a little nervous. The first run down she smiled and laughed the whole way down. The second run she wanted to sit at the front of the boat where you take on the most water. We both had the time of our lives. The staff was friendly and most of all organized. A great day. I would highly recommend to anyone!

London, Canada
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

From start to finish the trip was great.Thanks to the guides and all the support staff.Safety was first at all times and fun is Guaranteed.The shore lunch was steak with fresh salads and veg's.We did the classic run and found the cost of the trip was very reasonable.This was our first time rafting and it was awesome.Chad was our guide and was very professional and knowledgable and made sure everyone was having fun. GREAT EXPERIENCE thank you Glacier raft co

Okotoks, Canada
“First Class Operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We took the Kicking Horse Challenge Trip on June 12, 2011. Because the water was high, the river was raging, making for big rapids. The boats Glacier uses are first class, better than their competition, because they hug the river better allowing their boats to attack the stronger currents. What impressed me most was they manner in which they put people into the right boat and then judged the abilities of their rafters to determine which line (raging rapids or calmer rapids) to take. Some boats went on a more conservative route while our boat took a strong current. This was not done on the first trip (even though we asked him too but only on the second trip down because we demonstrated that we were capable of handling it on the first trip. Its for that reason that I would be comfortable taking not only a group of 35 yr old men on their trip (which is what we did) but also take my family with young boys on their trip. They know their rafters and make the right decisions based on their needs.

Also, Glacier made stops that the other companies don't. On the float in the morning, we stopped at a small canyon on the river side and our guide proceeded to walk us way up into the canyon. So while its about rafting, its also about giving the rafters an amazing experience, and for that its an experience I will never forget.

Golden, Canada
“Let's do it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

OK, so I was anxious about this adventure being a bit apprehensive about white water rafting. Well after spending the day with Issac on the river.....I can hardly wait to do it again. Ryans team is a great group of professionals. Right from our arrival it was easy to see that everything was well organized. The lunch they provided was fabulous too. We all had a great time with lots of entertainment. Fellow rafters in my party that had gone with other companies in the past were not disappointed either. They too said that they would be returning again to "Glacier Rafting" in the future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Best day ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I had so much fun. The team was so relaxed and fun but i still felt 100% safe. I look at the amazing pictures they took all the time and still get a giggle looking back.

Evan was my raft man, he was so funny! I would recomend trying to get him. We also played so many games between the rafts and the guide's had such good repore with each other it was imposible to not feel as if you wanted to stay and hang around- which we did with some beers on the house. Which just topped our day off beautifuly. If you go to golden without doing this your crazy!