“good food, good prices great service” 5 of 5 stars

+1 250-344-5222
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 51 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Calgary, Canada
“good food, good prices great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

my fiance and i went here on valentines day only because it was close to our hotel and the weather was bad but we were pleasently surprised with how great the service was and how tastey the food was. The restaurant is under new management and they very much care what people think of them. She personally came to us at the end of the night to make sure everything was perfect for us. I would definitely come back.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Golden, Canada
“Sunday Brunch in Golden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

On Feb 6th I visited the Fire Pit BBQ Restaurant with my family. We were pleased to find they were hosting a Sunday Brunch! All of us really enjoyed the selection and quality of the food. The servers were attentive and helpful, and the price was very reasonable. My youngest ate for only a dollar! We are all looking forward to going back and enjoying our Sunday morning there again.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“this place is the worst i have ever been to!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

this place was terrible. it looked like a piece of junk and the food......well it was just bad! i would rather eat a dead skunk on the side of the road then this crap. the service was horrible and the waitress was soooo bad. overall id have to say it was bad!!!!!

• Visited January 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Our Meal Went Up in Smoke”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

I'm not sure what exactly happened the evening we visited this restaurant. It wasn't Friday the 13th. It wasn't a full moon. I didn't see a black cat cross our path on the way in. Perhaps we had offended the cook in a previous life? Who knows what explanation exists for the most outrageously bad meal and service we have EVER experienced. We were excited to try this place - it had the potential to be a great find. Now it is just a great story about a restaurant experience gone horribly, horribly wrong.
When we arrived at the restaurant we were told that three of the entrees on their menu were no longer available including the brisket we had specifically come for. Wanting to have something healthy with my meal I ordered a side dish of the 'vegetable du jour'. The waitress looked at me strangely which led me to ask if anyone actually ordered that. Clearly no. We chose something else and sat back to enjoy our beers when suddenly the restaurant was filled with the smell of burning food. Shortly after our waitress returned to explain that the chicken we ordered was......"no longer available" and we needed to choose something else from the already very limited menu. A few minutes later another server returned to explain that they had just...."thrown out"...the last cornbread and we needed to pick another side dish. Strangely he could not recall what side dishes they offered, stalling out after suggesting coleslaw.
When our meals eventually arrived we were short one entree. The waitress seemed oddly confused by this - three people, two entrees, three people, two entrees. Something was not adding up here. She ran back to the kitchen and when she returned she explained our last entree would be "coming soon". Luckily our entree-less dining companion had ordered a side dish of onion rings which had managed to arrive. They were so burnt that I was sure that when he went to pick one up they would immediately dissolve into a pile of ash. By the time his entree arrived the rest of us had finished our meals.
I could go on with forgotten drinks, more bad food, but I think the above suitably outlines our experience. The next day we ate at McDonalds. They had the burgers we wanted, our food arrived within a few minutes, the staff were pleasant, and at the end of our meal we didn't have to worry about the carbon content of our food.

• Visited December 2010
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Carstairs, Canada
“Might give them another chance, or not...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I came in as a single, sat right away and was provided a menu. Had to wait to order and ordered the Brisket with Potato Salad and Cornbread as sides, and a beer. Was told they were out of Potato Salad, so I ordered the Coleslaw. The waiter returned to tell me they were out of the Brisket, so I ordered the Pulled Pork. Then waited 15 minutes for the beer I ordered. Another 10 minutes before the Brisket, that I originally ordered, showed up. That might not have been the best outcome. I found it a little dry and there was a section about a square inch that was completely dried out, like it had been reheated and not covered right. I didn't like the coleslaw at all, it was overly sweet and was swimming in dressing, and they put canned mandarin oranges in it (ick). I was looking for something to cut the grease of the BBQ, this wasn't it. The Cornbread wasn't what I'd call bread. Breads are cooked in pans and are served by the slice. This was round and obviously cooked in a muffin tin, so it was really a Corn Muffin. That is trivial compared with being served a burned muffin. I returned the burned muffin and was served another burned muffin.
The reduced my bill by half, not a great deal considering that was about what I ate.

• Visited December 2010