“Only place open” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 35 Restaurants in Hope
Cuisines: Dessert, Fast Food, Ice Cream
“Only place open”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We could not find anything open. We were not dissappointed the people were friendly. The food was good for fast food. We would go back

Visited November 2013

Lechlade, United Kingdom
“Best Pecan Ice Cream Ever!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My wife and I called here for a quick bite to eat on a road trip from Vancouver to Jasper.

Hope is really just somewhere you drive through so no high expectations, it is a dairy queen after all!

Food was typical burger joint selection, ok but nothing special.

We were just about to leave when we saw a pecan waffle ice cream on the menu so we thought why not.

Waffle was cooked fresh, there was a ton of pecans and the ice cream was great.

They get four stars just for that! set us up nicely for a long drive.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“better than before”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

About a year ago, me and my girlfriend went to dq. At that time the food was good but the service was slow. I had to wait for 10mins just for 2 burger combos. Apx 15 days ago when I went there again I observed lots of changes as maybe there might be new staff or management because this time the servife was pretty good (4 mins)I got all my stuff and that was hot and fresh .and the bathroom was clean .and also the full staff was dressed up properly. I enjoyed that that day in hope dq .because it was much better than my last visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna, British Columbia
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I stopped at the Hope Dairy Queen for lunch on our way towards the coast. The restaurant itself was filthy and we walked around the whole place to find the least dirty table to sit at. Yes it was busy but there were several young kids behind the counter who just weren't doing much but interacting with each other. The manager, an older man, had to tell one of the kids to wipe up the condiment station, which was a mess. The kid re-stacked the paper ketchup cups, which were overturned in the mess and the straws that are individually wrapped he threw into the trash... huh? The floor throughout was also dirty and sticky, the windows were such a mess it hampered the view and I had the misfortune of having to use the Ladies room. The floor and counter were wet and sticky, and there was actually fresh blood on the floor. There were only 2 stalls and one of them had no toilet paper. We were so totally grossed out that I worried about food poisoning. Oh yeah, and the food did not even save the day as it was so tasteless we could have gotten as much enjoyment from eating cardboard. Plus, although we each got the same 'combo meal' the fries came in two different sized containers.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hope, B.C.
“disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I thought I'd surprise the girlfriend at her work today, with a banana split from the DQ for her lunch. I live in Hope so I knew already that this DQ has the slowest drive through window in the industry, but I was willing to use it.
Long after the ordering when the worker finally began making the banana split, I could see some of the prep area through the window and I was quite unimpressed to see him jabbing and manipulating the banana pieces with his bare fingers as he applied the ice cream. He took the thing to the further recesses of the facility to complete it and when he returned and produced the open confection at the window it was filled above the tray's rim with the various substances, and a gob of whipped cream promptly flopped off the far side of it and onto my lap. I asked the guy for a tray of some kind to put this thing on, as I obviously could not drive away while simultaneously trying to control this ridiculous pile of slop. He took his creation away again for several minutes, and returned with the same tray of gumption but now it sported a snap-on fitted lid (why wasn't this on it in the first place?)
But the entire banana split was now mashed under this lid and it looked as through it had spent time in a paint shaker.
Fresh out of time to get the G/F any lunch by this time, I took the thing and drove away, after telling the slack faced idiot what I thought of his unsanitary food preparing behavior.
But I won't be back.