“disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, Fast Food, Ice Cream
Hope, B.C.
“disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I thought I'd surprise the girlfriend at her work today, with a banana split from the DQ for her lunch. I live in Hope so I knew already that this DQ has the slowest drive through window in the industry, but I was willing to use it.
Long after the ordering when the worker finally began making the banana split, I could see some of the prep area through the window and I was quite unimpressed to see him jabbing and manipulating the banana pieces with his bare fingers as he applied the ice cream. He took the thing to the further recesses of the facility to complete it and when he returned and produced the open confection at the window it was filled above the tray's rim with the various substances, and a gob of whipped cream promptly flopped off the far side of it and onto my lap. I asked the guy for a tray of some kind to put this thing on, as I obviously could not drive away while simultaneously trying to control this ridiculous pile of slop. He took his creation away again for several minutes, and returned with the same tray of gumption but now it sported a snap-on fitted lid (why wasn't this on it in the first place?)
But the entire banana split was now mashed under this lid and it looked as through it had spent time in a paint shaker.
Fresh out of time to get the G/F any lunch by this time, I took the thing and drove away, after telling the slack faced idiot what I thought of his unsanitary food preparing behavior.
But I won't be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Getting better, a couple years ago, horrid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

A couple years ago I went in to order a birthday cake and the cashier had no idea how to place an order or show me options. She told us we couldn't order or buy a cake because "the cake guy isn't here". She had at least 10 piercings in her face (which Is ok!) but I only saw her face when she flicked her hair out of it (she was wearing the darkest makeup I've ever seen). Overall, it was actually pretty funny! Ive been going back even though she's still there....

Hope, Canada
“3rd World Country”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Service is horrific
Restaurant is dirty and disorganized
Employees are scary

Visited April 2012
Burnaby
“nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The view from the DQ was amazing! You can see the river right from the table. You don't want to miss it.

Visited June 2012
Hope, BC, Canada
“Delicious Banana Splits!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

A nice place to enjoy Ice cream treats and watch the Fraser River run by.

Visited August 2011