“What a delightful restaurant in downtown Hope!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Joe's Restaurant & Lounge

Joe's Restaurant & Lounge
293 Wallace Street, Hope, British Columbia V0X 1L0, Canada (Formerly Joe's Restaurant & Lounge)
+16048600822
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Hope
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Dessert
Description: The chefs at Joe's Restaurant & Lounge rarely look farther than 150 kilometres away for their meats and produce, sourcing organic ingredients from farmers throughout the Fraser Valley whenever possible. These ingredients lend harvest-fresh flavours to their eclectically influenced menu, which includes aged-in-house Angus steaks alongside traditional Creole, Indian, and Italian entrees. They also whisk together all of their own sauces and dressings, and modify dishes to accommodate vegetarian and gluten-free diets. The restaurant features outdoor seating for scowling at clouds during the warmer seasons, and shelters guests with rich earth tones and dark wooden accents within the dining room. Red tulips add vibrant splashes to the decor, as do the tabletop colouring sheets that busy children's hands pre-meal.
Bellingham, Washington
“What a delightful restaurant in downtown Hope!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Glad we tried this little gem. Wonderful food and drinks! Great service! The chef came out on the patio and we got to chat for a moment

Visited July 2013

“Very good food at a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Very nice, modern restaraunt. Great menu executed very nicely. Poutine fries are a must. I would come back again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hope, Canada
“Great food, Great People!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've been a regular at Joes for about a year and half, chances are if you've eaten there more than once you've seen me or maybe we've even had a chat. Yes I'm a local and guess what folks I'm picky when it comes to my food. I've eaten everywhere from truck stops to 5 star restaurants and I must say that the food at Joes in my experience is not only comparable to some truly exceptional restaurants but in many cases exceeds them in terms of quality, taste and presentation. The staff and owners of Joes are truly amazing individuals and are focused on providing their guests with exceptional service all the while making personal connections. The food is equally amazing and is beautifully presented, also it's worth your while to take a look at the items found on the Fresh Sheet.

If you live in Hope or are just passing through make sure you stop at Joes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hope, Canada
“fish n chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Jason and crew aim to please and are relaxed, genuine and friendly without being obtrusive.
I went with my family on my birthday and the fish n chips tempura style were light, tasty and lovely with more home made cole slaw than chips, my cousin, and I loved them. Tartar sauce also home made I think..delicious. My cousins wife had a nice chicken caesar salad with special tasting (sweet and sour she said) bacon wheels completely grease free as was the fish n chips..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo, Canada
“Overpriced mediocre food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to Joes as the Blue Moose where we have eaten before, was full. Was tempted by the reviews but I'm now suspicious as the best ratings are from local people who know the owners. We ordered fish and chips; the fries were just bits and the fish was so thin, it was like eating a cracker. The DLT, ciabatta and grilled cheese were marginally better but not worth the prices. Service was fine and decor too. Next time I'll wait for a table at the Blue Moose.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere