“I was very disappointed with the hotel mostly due to the fact that it had a strong cigarette odor particularly near the front de” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hope Hotel

Travelodge Hope Hotel
You added Travelodge Hope Hotel to your Saves list
Travelodge Hope Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Old Hope Princeton Way | PO Box 353, Hope, British Columbia V0X 1L0, Canada (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Revelstoke, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I was also disappointed that the smoke was blamed on the guests smoking from their balconies when it was very obvious to me that it was coming from the front check-in desk area. When I asked if this was a smoke- free hotel, the hotel lady said it was. I wanted to walk away and find another hotel for the night but I had my toddler with me who badly needed to use the bathroom so I decided to try this place. At about 2 am I awoke from the smell of smoke which made me feel extremely nausious and thought about leaving then. I would have if it was just me but didn't want to disturb my sons sleep. In the morning the cigarette smell was really strong upstairs throughout the hotel, so bad that I was tempted to leave the door outside propped open to try to air the place out! If your a smoker this place may not bother you that much but as a non- smoker it was terrible!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed here as we tried to beat the storm coming through the Hope-Princeton Hwy during our Christmas travel to Penticton BC.As we had stayed here prior we knew we would be getting value for our money. They have a lovely pool and small Jacuzzi which is a must to warm up in before snuggling into bed. Ample towels are available in the pool area so no need to worry about using the ones in your room.There is a big TV,2 seat table w/chairs and a small kitchen area with a bar fridge to keep your items cold.The bathroom was spacious with tub and shower and a blow dryer available also.Coffee maker in room but coffee was available all night in the breakfast area via a single serve machine so guaranteed fresh and hot!! They have an awesome continental breakfast to offer with a small bar style seating area (4) to sit at or plates to be able to take back to your room. They had muffins, boiled egg, porridge,cereal,yogurts,toast etc etc. Really to much to list but something for everyone and that is guaranteed!! The most important reason we keep staying here is they are PET FRIENDLY and all sizes and breeds are welcome..(we have a Rottweiler). Do bring your own bags but I believe all good pet owners have them handy anyways (wink wink)..Thanks for yet another comfy sleep and the complimentary Province Newspaper and see you next year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel was clean, but we were hit with the smell of stale smoke every time we stepped in the door. We had a separate kitchen, complete with door, which was nice, but the plates had little greasy lumps of something on them so we had to wash all of the dishes and cutlery before using them. There was one large pot and three frying pans, two of which were so badly tarnished, scraped, and dirty that we couldn't use them (see photo). Disgusting. It would take about 40 bucks for the owners to fix that situation. The pool and hot tub were clean, but very poorly lit. The price was good, but we probably won't go back because of the other items.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Spent 1 night there at the end of December. The lady on reception was very friendly & helpful. Our room was clean & the bed was very comfy & the shower was very good hot & powerful water pressure. The room was a little dated & the pool was not warm enough for us. The breakfast was just right, nothing fussy but help yourself to a normal breakfast. You get what you pay for.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Hope Hotel? Share your experiences!