“basic motel with everything you really need” 3 of 5 stars

Slumber Lodge Motel
250 Fort Street | Box 909, Hope, British Columbia V0X 1L0, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Banff, Canada
“basic motel with everything you really need”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We're not in Hope for a resort experience. We stop off in Hope when we're going to and from the Island, if night catches up with us or weather/road conditions are bad. With all that in mind, the Slumber Lodge is perfectly suited to our needs.

The location of the motel is central to everything Hope has to offer, and there is lots of parking. Check in was quick and pleasant, and the person on the desk offered a dinner recommendation that was spot on (see review of Joe's). We really liked the layout of our room -- two queens in one room, and another in a separate room. It worked perfectly for our party of three adults, and was very reasonably priced. We could have done without the religious text on the wall. We were on the upper level and heard no noise from other units, although sensitive sleepers may not like hearing the trains. And, at some point in the early morning, the heating system (I think) kicked in with a series of hammering noises.

Design and decor are, in general, dated, but our room was clean and well-maintained, and so I'm not about to quibble over colour schemes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very clean, quiet and very reasonable price. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Centrally located. Easy access to cafe's, shops, gas stations. Decor outdated but who cares? I'm there for a peaceful night sleep, good price, and secure parking for my vehicle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Enderby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We decided to take off one afternoon from the Okanagan to head to Vancouver Island, however due to the pounding rain & harsh fog, we made it to Hope and opted to stay.

The owner was very helpful & quickly had us checked in. The room was clean, had been updated however the noise that carried through from other rooms (showers only, not voices) was horrible. I found the bed unbelievably hard, my husband said it was "okay" but he can sleep anywhere. I'd stay here again if in a pinch, but would try something else in Hope or push on.

Room Tip: We found you could hear the pipes from showers being turned a couple of rooms away; quite loud actua...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Innisfil, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I love hotels that are pet friendly...

Moving across canada its not like i can leave my pet at home since i'm changing locations soooo when we arrived at 3am and we just needed sleep this place was awesome!

When we checked in; because it was so late, we got a great rate.. its in a great location off the hwy and its close to a gas station and a restaurant.

Check out is 11

I can't really say anything wrong with this hotel.

It was clean and comfy, warm and had a fridge to hold my cat food. If i had to drive that way again... i know i can stay here and be comfortable :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

the hotel staff were very accomodting and helpful wiht our needs. they even asked for our schedule so that they could clean our rooms around our game times.. they even washed my sons socks that he left by the pool
very accomodating for team functions

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hope, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I just recently learned of this site, and find it interesting to read what people have to say about the Hotels in our little community. I read the one from from MamasWine and was totally blown away by her comments. I come from a large family and they all live in the lower mainland, where I grew up. Whenever any of them come to Hope to visit us, they stay at the Slumber Lodge. I also have friends who visit a few times a year, and they stay there as well . Not once have I ever heard any of them say anything bad about the hotel. The rooms are always clean, and the owners and staff are always freindly and helpful. The fact that the entire parlking lot and surrounding lots are monitored 24hrs a day by security cameras is just an added bonus. I have also stayed at the Slumber Lodge on a few occasions, and I agree with my family and friends, it is a great place to stay if you want quiet, clean, and friendly.

Room Tip: We were shown a few different styles when my sister first came up, and they all looked very clean. I...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms were clean (yes we checked for bed bugs) the price was high for what you get but we were in town for a hockey tournament and it was close to everything. I do not recommend you stay on the ground floor beside the pool unless you like dirt, cracks in the walls and all the noise from the pool as one of our families found out the hard way. The owner wouldn't move them and said "if you don't like it leave". Nice. They should warn you to bring your own pool towels too.

Room Tip: at the end of upper floor, if over the office you hear a door bell everytime their phone rings
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
slumberlodgehopebc, Manager at Slumber Lodge Motel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
It is understandably embarrassing to hear unhappy complaints as we strive to do our best to provide clean and respectable service as well as be as accommodating as possible. To better understand this complaint I feel that some points need clarification.

The noise complaint was received at 8:50pm asking for half the room fee be refunded due to noisy children in the pool. 10 minutes after asking the kids to quiet down, they left and we shut the pool down for the evening. There was a request to then change rooms however as there was a pet with them, we had explained that we had no other rooms available to them. This was also explained at the time of booking. It was suggested that if they were unhappy we would refund the full room cost should they chose to stay elsewhere, not "If they didn't like it they could leave" as implied. The customers chose to stay.

Upon requesting additional tea/coffee service the following morning, after knocking on the door I was told quite abruptly to leave. Later that morning the customer did apologize for their abrupt manner and after checking that everything was OK I was told that yes it was and there were no further issues.

There was also an issue with a doorbell making noise. In my 16 years of management in this hotel this is the first time I have ever heard of this complaint and after checking the noise level it was found to be barely audible, but measures were taken to ensure no further complaints happen going forward. We would also liked to have more detail involving the dirty and cracked wall as I could not find the source of this complaint anywhere.

We appreciate all of our customers, and all of their kind words as well. Hopefully one bad experience and misunderstanding will not deter future clients.

Been to Slumber Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!