“Expected better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Invermere Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Invermere Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Invermere Inn
1310 Seventh Avenue | PO Box 2340, Invermere, British Columbia V0A 1K0, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Invermere
Edmonton, Canada
“Expected better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed one night, for business.

Chose this Best Western because I had positive experiences with Best Western's elsewhere. Furniture and decore is dated, patchwork repairs noticeable on carpet, walls, and baseboard. Wallpaper inside the door was ...stained? It looked discoloured compared to the rest of the paper, and when I put my hand to it a handprint was left behind. Tried to see if maybe it was just the type of wallpaper, but could not replicate this on the other walls. Made sure to wash my hands afterwards.

"Gym" was a disappointment, unless you like cardio. Only cardio equipment (a treadmill, an elliptical, and a stairclimber) in a musty room. Unfortunate since this a gym was an amenity I was looking forward to and influenced my decision.

Staff was friendly and helpful -- all staff that I encountered greeted me warmly and with a smile, a very welcoming touch.

As a non-smoker, I did not appreciate everyone smoking directly in front of the main entrance. Every time I walked in or out there was someone smoking right out front and I was forced to walk right through it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We just returned from our second stay at this hotel. While it isn't fancy, I think it offers plenty for the price including friendly staff, a comfortable room, and the included breakfast is a bonus. You can't beat the location. What really won me over is the staff at this hotel - while eating breakfast the other morning, one of the staff walked by our table and recognized us from a previous trip. She said "You're back!" with a welcoming smile. It made me feel extremely comfortable and valued. I also love that this hotel is pet friendly - making weekend getaways so much more convenient. My dog really enjoyed all the attention he received from the people who work here.

Other things that I love are the hot tub, air-conditioning, and the bar fridge/microwave in the room.

While the positive features of this hotel made my stay "excellent", I realize that some people may have higher expectations or different needs than I do. It might not be for everyone, but if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, and affordable stay in the heart of Invermere - then this is a great place. We will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed in BW hotels in numerous cities across north america i picked the Invermere inn expecting a level of quality i was used to. Needless to say this hotel did not meet my expectations. Our room was on the third floor and as soon as we got there we were greeted by a running toilet that would periodically and loudly begin running. I told the front desk who had the bar manager look at it. I understand maintenance is not 24/7 so i expected they would be there the next day, they did not show up. All of our nights included large uncomfortable pillows (8 pillows none comfortable) and a periodic wake up call by a toilet heard over a closed door and earplugs. In addition the doors must have been made out of paper, every conversation and tv and door slamming could be heard, including the folks leaving the attached bar at night. We tried the free breakfast which made both my girlfriend and i sick. If youre only looking for toast you're fine but steer clear of the fake eggs, hard pancakes, and mystery sausage. In addition the "white" towels were stained yellow and must not have been rinsed as they were sticky when used. At the risk of sounding like a complainer, understand we are not high maintenance people, what i was most disappointed in was the complete lack of interest in our toilet issue, there was no visit by maintenance, no call, no followup and no mention of it at check out. I know staff have no control over the noise in the halls and neither of us expected a 5 star resort, but even an apology for a problem they couldnt fix would have sufficed. The restaurant attached to the hotel did have great pizza and salad. When we return to invermere we will be trying somewhere else, either a smaller motel in radium or a smaller hotel or b&b. Its too bad because the BW is in a great location but unfortunately that seems to be the only plus.

Stayed September 2012
Richland, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We rode our motorcycle with a group of friends into Canada over Labor Day. We stayed at the Best Western in Invermere BC for 2 nights. Our room was probably the best of the group because the only problems we had were a bathroom door that was about to fall off the hinges, and some short curly hairs built up in the corner of the bathroom floor that didn't come from us, and pillows that felt more like a log under your head than a pillow. Everyone else had more significant issues, including one of the couples who went in their room to find all of the furniture either piled on top of the bed or on top of the desk etc. The lady working the front desk was friendly, but kinda strange and gave everyone an uneasy feeling. There was a guy lurking around behind the desk that may have been a maint. worker or something, but he looked more like a homeless person than anything else. He had very dirty ragged cloths, long dirty and ratty hair, unshaven, and gave everyone the creeps. At one point he went through a door near the office and behind the door their was a dog that looked more like a wolf. In fact I mentioned the dog to one of our group and this guy overheard my comment. He replied with "he's half wolf" then turned and went through the door.
On top of all that, the continental breakfast was terrible, and we had much conversation trying to identify what the sausage links may have been made out of.
The water tasted so bad you couldn't stand to drink it, and you could even smell the water when you'd turn on the shower! That may have been a city thing since it was the same in the nearby restaurants.
I'd suggest finding another place to stay when traveling to Invermere if you can!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel was centrally located, right downtown. Enjoyed the Invermere craft & farmer's market. A nice peaceful town.

Positive: breakfast included and nice - includes eggs, sausages, waffles (make your own), etc. Better than most included breakfasts. Room clean and comfortable (two Queen beds chosen for this trip). Location great.

Negative: room a bit stuffy overnight for sleeping, verging on hot. The room's air conditioner too noisy to leave on overnight. Price - at $169 plus taxes, rather steep for 3 people, but a bit better if you deduct $40 for the breakfasts.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our family stayed in a studio while celebrating the long weekend in July. Staff was nice and the room was standard 2 beds. We stayed in a room by the main drag and walking distance within the beach. We had a great spot for the fireworks on Canada Day - pretty darn good for a small town. Beds were a bit too soft for my liking but okay regardless.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

The hotel is located right on the main street. That way, you cna walk everywhere from such a central location. We went for a nice dinner and had a choice of several places to stop at on the way back. You can also walk to the beach area which is beautiful. The staff are great - can't do enough for you and are most happy to recommend restaurants, etc. The breakfast is also good.
Good value - clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the top floor - the view of the mountains is superb.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Invermere Inn? Share your experiences!