“Less than impressed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Invermere Inn

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Invermere Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Invermere Inn
1310 Seventh Avenue | PO Box 2340, Invermere, British Columbia V0A 1K0, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Invermere
tofino
“Less than impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Beautiful location for this Inn does not make up for the lack of organization within this organization. I booked my room with Best Western Central Reservations number, which I would advise against for your future booking references. I was sold a room that did not even exist at the property for which I was seeking (In Invermere). Upon my arrival, I was given a room which did not meet my families requirements or was it the room I booked (1 queen bed, 2 twin beds). The front desk staff (Sandy) was extremely understanding however her hands were tied as there was little she could do but offer me another room at a cost of $50 more (on top of the $20 I paid upon reservation for the extra person in my room) to me. I excepted this offer with reservation. This is an unacceptable fix, as the mistake was made by Best Western's Reservation Office. My families night stay ended up costing nearly $325 for a family of 4. Far too expensive for the services provided. I would suggest the hostel in Radium (14km away) as the price is reasonable and the location is perfect. I will not be visiting another Best Western for a while , despite them being the largest chain in the world-note this does not reflect the quality of service offered, or their ability to put the customer/guest first.

Room Tip: Book Elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011 via mobile

The reception was good. The gal recognized us from a previous stay which was months ago. The room was roomy but had that stale smell of smoke even though it was non smoking. The bed was comfortable.
Staff were all pleasent.

• Stayed November 2011
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

A typical county town best western. Beds are comfortable and the breaky is typical continental style. Not noisy given it is on main street, but our room was at the back.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back - not facing the main road.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We were traveling to Invermere for a wedding. When it did not work out for our dog to stay at the boarding location, we ended up in a bind.

We practically begged the Panorama Mountain Village hotel to let us take our dog but had no luck.

Luckily we found this hotel and booked it for 3 days. For the wedding, I stayed with the dog, and my husband stayed at the resort (unable to cancel reservations).

The dog was able to get nice walks on the park, and hung out in her kennel in an air conditioned room while we were still able to enjoy the wedding. I enjoyed a waffle for breakfast and a nice latte and whole food lunch at the restaurants in the area. There was also a nice pub across the street to relax after a long trip on the road.

I managed to forget my toothpaste and toothbrush and a smiling front desk person provided me with the supplies free.

The staff cleaning the rooms were friendly and accommodating, while we were in and out of the room going to and from the room for dog walks between the wedding and ceremony. On the last day, a man in the next room saw my dog, and said he had no idea a dog was next door because she slept quietly in the room while we enjoyed the reception.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

This was a good hotel for the money. The rooms were clean and the front desk service/cleaning staff were friendly. The hotel also included a continental breakfast that was pretty good. The hotel location is right in the heart of Invermere with two exceptional restaurants and two pubs within one block distance. The beach is only a 5 minute walk down the hill from the hotel. The only down side of this, was noise from the pub's patio which is next door so the sound traveled on the back side of the hotel where the hotel parking is located. In addition noise was easily heard from the hallway as well. I would stay here again the next time I am in Invermere. On a side note, go to Copper City Saloon for some incredible pizza and wings.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Billings, MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed at the Invermere Best Western last night and then read the reviews today. I was shocked to read the reviews just now and found them to be the total opposite of what we experienced last night. Within the last three months this building has been totally renovated. Lush carpeting. Clean, clean non-smoking rooms. Wonderfully soft bed, fluffy pillows and towels. Strong WiFi connection. The showerhead was awesome and the courtesy shampoo smelled so good in my hair. The breakfast was first rate wth two waffle machines. Two great restaurants next door. Give this place a chance!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Kelowna
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

I travel often for business and I just had to post a review about how much I disliked this hotel. I have stayed in many Best Western facilities and although they are usually good, this one is definately the worst. The let downs were non stop and the non smoking room smelled like old manky smoke. I will never stay at this hotel again and would advise anyone else considering staying in Invermere to look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Invermere Inn? Share your experiences!