“ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Merritt Travelodge

Merritt Travelodge
You added Merritt Travelodge to your Saves list
Merritt Travelodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3581 Voght St., Merritt, British Columbia V0H 2B0, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Merritt
Moncton, Canada
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We picked this hotel because of the government rate, $65 a night, The desk clark was very nice and quite helpful. The room was on the second floor and involved going up a quite long set of stairs. The hallway was a bit worn as was the rest of the hotel. The room was ok and looked like renos had started but not finished as there was no baseboards on the walls and the bathroom was a bit dated. The breakfast was ok and there was a waffle maker located outside the breakfast room which we missed. On a budget? give this a try

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
johneunicen, Manager at Merritt Travelodge, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
All reviews are encourage and appreciated, so thank-you for submitting your review, because all reviews are very important to us.
I'm please to hear that our front desk staff was courteous and quite helpful. For we are only here to make sure your stay is most pleasant and a comfortable.
Yes, renos have started and painters have finished. Now the baseboard are being placed in the hallways and also in most rooms. It really does take time and time is all were asking for. Just as one project finishes a new one arises. This is also a hard task expecially with guest checking in and out, but the task is getting done. Renovations is an ongoing process here at Merritt Travelodge. And more is yet to come as renovations are not totally finished. We are very proud of our accompliments this year, and the year is not over yet.
Yes, our continential breakfast area has been extended outwards with tables and chairs for the high volume of guest we get on the weekends. I'm very sorry you missed the waffle machine. We do humbly apologize. Yes, more signs could of solved this problem. I'm truely very sorry!
Thank-you for your review.
From all of us here at Merritt Travelodge.
Have yourself a great wonderful day!
Travelodge Merritt.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Western Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

There was nothing wrong with this hotel. Paid $80/night and got an $80 room. It is a 80's style motor hotel that has seen some upgrades. Yes, they were missing some baseboards and there was a stick in the window to prevent someone from breaking in but it didn't adversely effect my stay. It was clean, had fresh paint, most of the bathroom components have been upgraded and the most important things that the critics want these days - a flat screen TV! The blankets were thin and old school, the lobby was dated and the carpets a little worn. If you want duvets and new furnishings then expect to pay the modern price as well.
Could use some improvements to breakfast though. Serve full sized muffins, an assortment of pastries, bagels and brown or whole grain bread and it would be much better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
johneunicen, Front Office Manager at Merritt Travelodge, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I would like to say thank-you for your review, all reviews are very important to us. Thank-you for noticing that there has been many upgrades, and this is an ongoing pryority of our's here at Travelodge Merritt. Yes, our rooms are very clean and now even seem cleaner with the fresh paint on the walls. Also thank-you again for also noticing that most of the bathroom components have been upgraded. I'm glad you apprecieated the flat screen T.V. that we have just recently place into most of the rooms.
That is so surprizing that you would mention about our thin blankets, because we are just waiting for our shipment for new flat sheets, though our last shipment was fitted sheets and new linen. Also new duvets will soon be here to compliment our new painted walls, I can't wait! This is something we are all excited about here at Merritt Travelodge.
I'm sorry that our breakfast didn't meet up with your expectations. This is why we appreciate all reveiws because then we know what do to make our place of business a better place for you and our future guest. For we are only here to service you. And because of your review this insited us to impliment some of your request to our breakfast area.
THANK-YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REVIEW,
HAVE A GREAT WONDERFUL DAY!
FROM ALL OF US HERE AT MERRITT TRAVELOGE.
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We chose to stay at the Travelodge instead of the Best Western, as we had a $15 gift certificate that we thought we may as well use. That was our first mistake. The lobby was the nicest part of the place! The lobby clerk was friendly and suggested that we pay an extra $10 for a room with a view. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but the view turned out to be a very good view of the hotel's outside sign and the busy street, and a very slight view of the mountains in the far distance. Also, the windows were old and the traffic noise wss loud through the closed window. Our room wasn't too bad, but one of the cups in our room had been used!! Yuck! Another reason for staying there was that they had a hot tub, and we tried to use it once they finally managed to get the jets working, but it was SOO hot that we could barely poke our toe in, so we certainly never stayed in for long - - this from someone who loves a HOT hot tub. The whole pool and spa area was shabby and needed an upgrade -- the handrail on the hot tub was even loose! My biggest complaint, though, was that the pillow in my room was so lumpy and overall bad that it kept me from having a good sleep - - normally I travel with my own but this time I did not, much to my regret. We were told that we could park in the upper parkng lot, where the door was on the same level as our room, however the area was very dimly lit and I would not have parked there if I had been travelling alone, being a lady who often does. The bed was comfortable enough if you could overlook the noise and the pillow. The beds had quilted bedspreads on them - - not a favorite with me as I always wonder if they were used by the traveller before me. The motel's only redeeming factor was that the continental breakfast was surprisingly good - - lots of variety and excellent coffee!! Our room had a coffee pot, microwave and small fridge, and those were appreciated.

Room Tip: Don't bother asking for a view room, as it will be a waste of your money, plus the ones on the b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
johneunicen, General Manager at Merritt Travelodge, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We would like to thank-you for this review, for this is the only way for us to know what we have to do to make our Hotel a better place for you and our future guest. Thank-you for choosing Travelodge Merritt.
I would like to start off apologizing for all the grief that our Hotel cost you on your stay with us. You did address many things in your review on what we had to work on. And yes, we do take all reviews very serious and into consideration. For this would only make us a better Hotel if we can learn from our guest reviews.
I would like to mention that we are recently under new ownership and under new management. So we do welcome all reviews for this purpose. Even though construction is underway and renovation in progress you as a guest is the most important thing to our industry.
Taking everything you said in consideration I would like to humbly apologize to you and your partner for your uncomfortable stay. As you did mention about the lumpy pilllows and your uncomfortable sleep.
As we can only get surprisingly better with the comments our guest brings forth and with this, this brings change, and this is a good thing! So as we blossom and flourish to excel within our guest expectations as a Hotel. I would like to say we do greatly appreciate and emphasize on how important your reveiws are to our business. And from this, we are learning and improving everyday. Thanks to our guest!
Have a great wonderful day,
Merritt Travelodge.
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were checked into "renovated" rooms. There were no baseboards, the bedding looked original from the 80's. We always inspect for bedbugs (out of habit) and found the corner of the mattress stained with blood. The mattresses were VERY old. The furniture was dirty, the hallway carpets were very dirty and stained as well. The windows were secured with a piece of wood. They offered to put us up in other rooms, but indicated these were recently renovated. We were not interested in viewing other rooms. We checked out immediately and stayed next door at the Ramada, which was much nicer, for the same rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
johneunicen, Public Relations Manager at Merritt Travelodge, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I'm very sorry that you were not please with our Hotel. I do humbly apologize. As we are going under new ownership and management we are also in the progress of renovating our rooms.
Though fully not completed and contruction underway, the painting is nearly finished, and many room are good to sell for the night. As I'm writing we are also installing new flat screen television though they are still not in every room.
So again we apologize for any discomfort we caused you. In the future if you ever come by this way and stay again maybe your response will be, "WOW."
FROM ALL OF US AT MERRITT TRAVELODGE,
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Rooms were extremely simple and dated, the beds weren’t very comfortable, but it was clean and the staff was super friendly. The waffles were a nice touch to the continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
johneunicen, Manager at Merritt Travelodge, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
I would just like to say thank-you first of all for your review, all reviews are very important to us and greatly appreciated. I would also like to say that I'm sorry that your bed wasn't more comfortable for you on your stay with us. But I will tell you this, Merritt Travelodge is under new ownership and management and we are currently striving to make our rooms as comfortable as we can for our quest, so without your review we would never know what we have to work on. Now, thank-you for complimenting us on the cleanliness of the room and that our staff is friendly, for we are only here to please you.
From all of us at Merritt Travelodge, Happy Travels.
Have a marvelous day!
Manitou Springs CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We arrived in Merritt late and did not make any reservation so we stopped at the Travelodge. The night clerk was very nice. We wanted a room on the ground floor but the windows were so high you couldn't see outside. We got a room on the second floor, you can park out back and avoid any steps. The room was very old and dated. It was clean and the bed was fine. The breakfast was good. It is just a very old motel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Merritt Travelodge, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The hotel is currently going through an ownership change and upgrades are being made as we speak. Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again!
Summerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My family and I stayed for two nights when my son was taking part in a hockey tournament in Merritt. The room was average. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the rooms were a little noisy, but not more than I would expect. Somewhat disconcerting were the numerous insect traps we found under the bed -- two under one, three under the other -- but I guess, if they have had a problem, it's better that they're doing something about it than not. My wife is an entomologist, and she found no other evidence of actual insects (or bed bugs) in the room.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They were accommodating to the noise a hockey team creates, and gave us a wing to ourselves. I actually went to bed early each night, and didn't hear much noise at all coming from the hall, despite the number of people in it. The breakfast was good -- the waffles particularly so. Despite the staff's "poor command of English" I found them helpful and friendly. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
johneunice, Owner at Merritt Travelodge, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
We are please to accommodate your children's and other hockey teams and provide a healthy breakfast for everyone. We are also glad you had a restful stay at our hotel as we try to accommodate all our customers needs.
Our hotel has a regular ongoing pest control program on site that is why you would find insect traps as a precautionary measure.
Our hotel and staff thanks you for your comments as this helps us improve, and we are extremely please that you would choose our hotel to stay again.

Been to Merritt Travelodge? Share your experiences!